The motherboard is the center of all connectivity and communication for all computer components through which these parts transfer data, control, Best B450 Motherboard for AMD Ryzen CPU, and instructions from one component to the other of the same machine. Every motherboard has a set of chips of integrated circuits for performing its functionality.
What is Chipset?
The term chipset is referred to as a set of specialized chips that can be present on the motherboard or even on an expansion card. A chipset is specifically designed for specific type motherboards which has some specialized characteristics. Chipset is also responsible for maintaining and managing data flow between the different parts of the computer including CPU, RAM, and other peripheral devices.
The chipset and that particular motherboard must be compatible with the installed CPU for the prevention of failover. Driver software is also required to manually install for these chipsets according to the installed operating system and these drivers are also updated manually.
Sections of a Chipset
Every chipset has two sections that are related to specific functional areas of the motherboard. These sections are:
Southbridge is not directly connected to the processor and is the controller hub of Input and Output devices. In other words, this part of the chipset is controlling the authority of slower parts of the computer that includes I/O devices, expansion slots, and hard disks.
On the other side, Northbridge is the main controlling authority of communication between Processor, RAM, AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port), ROM, BIOS, and Southbridge chip. Northbridge makes it possible that I/O devices can communicate with higher speed and core parts of the computer. The frequency of Northbridge is the baseline for the determination of CPU operating frequency.
AMD B450 Chipset
The predecessor of the B450 chipset is B350 which is replaced by this new chipset type after adding high-class new features as SenseMI, StoreMI, Precision Boost 2, and XFR 2.0. These are the features that are present in the extended version of the chipset.
The best feature of the B450 chipset is overclocking which is supported on all Ryzen CPUs. On the other hand, this feature is only available in high-end Intel CPUs. The Ryzen is the name of AMD CPUs which are developed for desktop PCs and are based on Zen architecture.
Top 8 Best B450 Motherboard for AMD Ryzen CPU
Let’s start the review of the Best B450 Motherboard for AMD Ryzen CPU included in our list.
1. MSI B450 Gaming PRO Carbon AC
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon is one of the twelve motherboards which are loaded with a B450 chipset. This motherboard is the flagship model of all these. Its six-phase design is very effective and can support the Ryzen 7 CPU of 1st or 2nd generation with a higher clock rate.
A larger VRM cooler of the VCore MOSFETs is given on this motherboard to control and manage the temperature. Additionally, an 8-pin ESP power connector of 12 Volt also has a 4 pin connector. BIOS Flashback Plus button is also available on the I/O panel for BIOS updation without involving CPU and RAM.
For the storage devices, six SATA ports are given having a speed of 6GB/s. Along with these, two M.2-M interfaces are also provided for the connectivity of high-speed SSDs. One of these two M.2-M interfaces, one having a cooling system and works with PCIe 3.0 x4 through CPU while the other interface works with PCIe 2.0 x4 through B450 chipset. A sufficient number of USB ports are also part of this motherboard among these, 2 USB 3.1 2nd generation, 4 USB 3.1 1st generation, and 6 USB 2.0 are given. These 12 USB ports are more than enough for the connectivity of different speed peripheral devices.
Four memory banks of DDR4 DIMM are present which together support 64GB RAM having speed up to 3466MHz. A total of 5 PCIe slots are given on this motherboard by MSI. 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 2.0 x16, and 3 PCIe 2.0 x1 is the division of these 5 PCIe slots. Among these PCIe slots, one PCIe 2.0 x16 slot is mechanical while one PCIe 3.0 x16 slot is available for dedicated graphics card installation.
- Support AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports 64gb dual channel ddr4 memory 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667 MHz by jedec, and 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066/ 3200/ 3466 MHz by a xmp oc mode
- Supports 2 way amd crossfire technology
- Mystic light and mystic light sync: 16.8 million colors / 17 effects in 1 click; synchronize rgb/rainbow strips and other rgb solutions for customization
- Ddr4 boost with steel armor: give your ddr4 memory a performance boost
2. Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F is a perfect gaming motherboard and everyone knows about the ROG Strix series of ASUS computers which are specially designed for gamers. For all these users, where budget is not the constraint, this motherboard is perfect.
The form factor of this motherboard is ATX and almost all required components are available on these motherboards which are necessary for an ideal gaming system. For the attachment of SSD storage, two M.2 PCIe x4 slots are available. Along with these, in total, eight SATA ports are also given by ASUS on this motherboard; each of these has 6 Gb/sec speed.
Three PCIe x16 slots and three PCIe x1 slots are also part of this motherboard. A total of four memory banks are provided on this motherboard for the installation of RAM. The extended capacity of DDR4 RAM is supported by this board which is up to 128GB. Nichicon Supreme-FX audio is the part of this that gives distortion-free audio. The RGB lighting is very limited on this motherboard but it can also increase because headers are available.
Different special features are available on standard BIOS which are part of extended BIOS. These features include XMP settings and setting the core voltage manually. This motherboard and chipset are extremely suitable for automatic overclocking by using AMD Precision Boost and XFR instead of manual overclocking.
- AMD AM4 Socket: The perfect pairing for 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Gaming connectivity: Dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A connectors.
- Gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, plus ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor-made for your rig.
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear.
- Gaming audio: SupremeFX S1220A teams with Sonic Studio III to create an aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action.
- Gamer’s Guardian: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum endurance
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS
3. MSI Arsenal B450 Tomahawk
The design of this motherboard is highly portable and can be fit in any casing. It has been observed in different motherboards that sometimes slots is got damaged due to some heavy cards installed in these slots due to material quality. On Arsenal B450 Tomahawk, the PCIe slot is reinforced with metal to bear the heavy cards.
The processor socket on this motherboard is AM4 which makes Ryzen processors of 1st and 2nd generation compatible with this board. Four DIMM slots are present which can accommodate DDR4 RAM up to 64GB. The maximum RAM speed supported by this motherboard is up to 3466MHz. Two PCIe slots are large-sized among these upper slots that are directly connected with CPU and have x16 speed while the lower is connected with B450 chipset and has x4 speed.
For the power management of this board, 6 phase VRM along with extra MOSFETs is given.
- Support AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports 64gb dual channel ddr4 memory 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667 MHz by jedec, and 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066/ 3200/ 3466 MHz by a XMP OC mode
- Supports 2 way amd crossfire technology
- In game weapons: Game boost, gaming hotkey, x boost; Ez debug led: Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Gaming certified: 24 hour on and offline game and motherboard testing by esports players.lan chipset:realtek 8111h.maximum shared memory of 2048 MB
4. Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
There are a total of four motherboards of Gigabyte which are loaded with a B450 chipset. The Gigabyte B450 AORUS M is a mainboard of the ATX form factor and is loaded with all upscale features that are required from the mainstream user.
The power supply design of this mainboard fully allows overclocking of the CPU. There are four DIMM banks for the installation of DDR4 RAM in these banks. UDIMM and ECC (Error Correction Code) RAM is also supported by this board for better performance.
In the details of PCIe slots, there is a PCIe 3.0 x16 expansion slot, two PCIe 2.0 x16 slots, and one PCIe 2.0 x1 slot is available for the connectivity of different types of cards. Two slots of M.2-M standard are also given on this board for the connectivity of high-speed SSD storage. Cooling is available for both of these M.2-M slots. Six SATA ports of 6 Gb/sec speed are also available on this mainboard.
When we talked about I/O devices, there is an I/O panel is available which contains two USB 3.1 2nd generation and four USB 3.1 1st generation ports for the connectivity of peripheral devices. Gigabit speed LAN connection and the onboard sound card is given on this mainboard.
- Supports AMD 1st & 2nd Generation Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs PCIe Gen3 M.2 NVMe with thermal guard. Operating system - Support for Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, to support Windows 7 64-bit, you must install an AMD Pinnacle Ridge & Summit Ridge CPU
- High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
- Gigabyte exclusive 8118 gaming LAN HDMI, DVI D ports for multiple display
- RGB fusion with digital LED & RGB LED headers Smart fan 5 with fan stop
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB type A Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with Thermal Guard
- RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone LED Light Show Design, Supports Digital LED & RGB LED Strips
- GIGABYTE Exclusive 8118 Gaming LAN with Bandwidth Management
- Smart Fan 5 Features 5 Temperature Sensors and 3 Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
- Anti-Sulfur Resistors Design Ultra Durable 25KV ESD and 15KV Surge LAN Protection CEC 2019 Ready, Save Power with a Single Click
5. MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max is very beautiful with its simple design which becomes more attractive with its RED and Black color combination. The look of the motherboard is felt like a quality build and a big-sized heat sink attached on the voltage converter also gives a feel of high quality. The metal structure on PCIe slots adds more power and strength to these slots. All these collectively make this motherboard a quality product.
The previous version of this motherboard is named MSI B450 Gaming Plus and the major difference in these models is the size of BIOS memory. In simple Gaming plus motherboard, 16MB BIOS memory is used while in Game Plus Max 32MB ROM is available for the storing of BIOS firmware. Due to this change in BIOS, 3000 series of Ryzen processors can also use with this board.
USB 3.2 2nd generation ports are also part of this mainboard while the DVI connector and the HDMI port are also given for high-resolution display even on external monitors.
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Lightning fast game experience: Turbo M.2, AMD turbo USB 3.2 gen2, storemi technology
- Ddr4 boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best gaming performance and stability. Please check the website for MSI in case of any queries related to the product and compatibility issues
- Audio boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
6. ASRock B450M PRO4
The Form Factor of this motherboard of ASRock is ATX and it is one of the favorite motherboards for gamers. It is a PRO4 motherboard that is specifically designed as price-friendly which has many features at a very affordable price.
For the old folks, the PS/2 port is also available on this new generation motherboard. Four SATA ports and two M.2 ports are available for the connectivity of storage disks. Along with these, three PCIe ports and four banks of DDR4 DIMM RAM are present on this mainboard. Total RAM which is supported by this board is up to 64GB.
A LAN port of Gigabit speed is present for high-speed local area connections while USB 3.1 2nd generation is also available for the connectivity of peripheral devices and high rate data transferring. ASRock B450M PRO4 is one of these motherboards that support three displays. By using the A-Tuning utility of ASRock, overclocking, monitoring, and fan speed control can be easily performed.
The power protection of this motherboard is known as Full Spike Protection. In simple words, the power system of this motherboard fully protects it from damage in case of sudden high voltage.
- Socket AM4 Digi Power design 9 Power Phase design Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge) Supports 95W Water Cooling (Summit Ridge) Supports 65W Water Cooling (Raven Ridge)
- Country of origin : China
- Memory 4x DDR4-3200+(OC)/2933/2667/2400/2133 DIMM Slots Dual Channel ECC Non-ECC Unbuffered Max Capacity of 64GB (AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Pinnacle Ridge))
- Slots 2x PCI-Express 3 0 x16 Slots (one runs at x8) 2x PCI-Express 2 0 x16 Slots (two run at x4) 1x PCI-Express 2 0 x1 Slot
7. ASRock B450M Steel Legend
Another best motherboard having a B450 chipset is also from ASRock and named as ASRock B450M Steel Legend. Form Factor of this motherboard is Micro ATX which is desirable for compact PC lovers. It is collectively a great set of features with a great performance.
An excellent set of BIOS tuning options is available in this Steel Legend mainboard which includes XMP profiles for the overclocking of memory. Due to the well-defined cooling system, the temperature of this motherboard remains kept under control.
The full range of PCIe slots is available including 3.0 and 2.0 with all speed options. Four slots of DDR4 RAM are also part of this motherboard that supports maximum RAM up to 64GB. The dual M.2 slot is also given for the use of SSD storage. Four numbers of 6 Gb/sec speed SATA ports are part of this mainboard for the attachment of traditional mechanical disks. Onboard audio card and LAN connection are attached to this motherboard while WLAN connectivity is missing.
- Country Of Origin : China
- Slots: 3X Pci-Express 3.0 X16 Slots (One Runs At X8, One Runs At X4), 3X Pci Express 2. 0 X16 Slots (Run At X4), 1X Pci Express 2. 0 X1 Slot
- Multi-Graphics: Supports Amd Quad Crossfire And Crossfire Technology. Os - Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit
- Audio: Realtek Alc892 7. 1-Channel High Definition Audio Codec With Content Protection
8. ASRock B450M HDV
This motherboard of ASRock is low in price but high in features that make it the ultimate choice for all types of users. Moreover, it is no less than a blessing for beginner-level gamers.
The form factor of this motherboard is micro-ATX which is suitable for compact PCs. All types of latest resources are available on this motherboard but less in numbers that are the main difference between this and other motherboards of the same type.
One slot of PCIe 3.0 x16 and another PCIe 2.0 x1 are given on this motherboard while a single M.2 slot for SSD and 4 SATA ports for traditional storage devices are part of this motherboard. Two slots of DDR4 RAM are available on this board which can accommodate a maximum of up to 32GB RAM. Both ECC and non-ECC RAM are supported in these modules. Physical network connectivity is available on this motherboard while no wireless connectivity is provided.
- Cup: socket AM4, 6 power Phase design, supports CPU up to 105W
- Chipset: AMD Promontory B450
- Slots : 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 2.0 x1
- Audio: Relate ALC887 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- LAN: Relate RTL8111H PCIE x1 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- CE Approved
Above is the list of these best motherboards which having an AMD B450 chipset and are best for AMD Ryzen processors. If you are an AMD lover then one of these must be for you. The important thing in this list of motherboards is the price.
You can easily choose the best motherboard according to your price range which lasts from higher to very affordable. All types of power control, RAM, and storage are available in these different motherboards which can be according to your exact requirement. Your comments are a source of energy that gives me strength for better work for you.