Do you have $300-$400 to spend on a new gaming monitor? That is why I compiled this list and researched these monitors to inform you about the best gaming monitors under 400 dollars. We understand that many internet buyers want to save money and stick to a tighter budget. A new monitor costs roughly $400 on average.
Over time, gaming monitors have gained more crucial importance in players’ setups. A poor monitor may mean the difference between failure and success, especially if you start dealing with monitors that have low refresh rates, sluggish response times, and terrible input lag.
Compatibility with synchronization technology is one of the most crucial features to look for when looking for the best gaming monitor. If you’re concerned about this, FreeSync monitors could be a good option.
We’ll assist you in comparing the best models on the market based on these features so you can select your ideal monitor!
Reviews On The Best Gaming Monitors Under 400 Dollars:
The monitor is the only device that allows you to see what you’re doing, it’s a good idea to have a good one.
- Best 4k 144Hz Monitors
- (8 Best Monitors for Workstation)
- 8 Best 27 inch 4k Monitors
- Top 7 Cheap Monitors with HDMI Input
- Top 7 Best Monitors for Solidworks
- Best Computer Monitors for Work
- 7 Best Monitors for Watching Movies
This article will show you all of the display specs that are available in this price range, allowing you to choose the best gaming monitors for under 400 dollars.
1. SAMSUNG 32 Inches Odyssey G5 Gaming Monitor
The G5 Odyssey’s high-performance Full HD and Quad HD curved gaming displays are now available. The G5 series offers a selection of next-generation performance and aesthetic enhancements, letting gamers select the model that best suits their gaming needs.
1000R panel of this monitor follows the curve of the human eye for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain.
WQHD resolution results in ultra-detailed, sharp images because it has 1.7 times the pixel density of FHD. Enjoy a wider field of view with more space to take in everything going on.
With the Odyssey G5, you can double your frame production. You’ll never want to view a standard screen again with a 144 Hz ultra-smooth refresh rate.
The gameplay is quite smooth. Adaptive sync technology in AMD FreeSync Premium lowers screen tearing, stuttering, and input lag. Because of the low framerate adjustment, every scene works well.
A fraction of a second can mean the difference between you and your adversary is destroyed.
With the Samsung Odyssey G5’s 1ms response times, you can be comfortable you’re getting information as quickly as possible, while HDR10 brings gaming scenes to life more vividly than before.
- Unmatched Immersion: Get your head in the game with Odyssey’s 1000R panel, which matches the curvature of the human eye for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain
- Stunning WQHD: Your gaming world, now astoundingly lifelike. Packing in 1.7 times the pixel density of Full HD, WQHD resolution boasts incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images; Experience a fuller view with more space to take in the action
- Express 144hz Refresh Rate: More than double your potential frame production, with the Odyssey G5; With a 144hz super smooth refresh rate, you’ll never want to go back to a traditional screen
- Lightning Fast 1ms Response Times: A fraction of a second can be the difference between your destruction or your enemy’s; With Odyssey’s grey to grey 1ms response time, you can be sure that you’re receiving information as fast as technologically possible
- AMD FreeSync Premium: Adaptive sync technology which reduces screen tearing, stutter, and input latency; Low framerate compensation ensures every scene flows seamlessly
- Awe-Inspiring Graphics With HDR10: A kaleidoscope of shades brings game scenes to life more vibrantly than ever before; Uncover the secrets hiding in the shadows with deep dark blacks, luminous whites, and outstandingly detailed resolution
2. ASUS TUF VG259QM 24.5 Inches Gaming Monitor
The ASUS has Fast IPS technology, which allows for a 1ms response time for excellent gaming and a refresh rate of 280Hz.
The display’s incredible overclockable 280Hz refresh rate means it’s nearly twice as quick as traditional 144Hz displays. You’ll enjoy stunningly smooth gaming graphics, giving you an advantage in first-person shooters, racing, clear strategy, and sports games.
Smearing and motion blur is almost minimized with a 0.5ms gray-to-gray response time. Due to a % NTSC color gamut and a remarkable 1,000:1 contrast ratio, this display also produces exceptional visuals with superb colors.
Even when viewed from extreme positions, the wide 178-degree viewing angles assure minimum distortion and color shift.
Your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20-series graphics card will provide you with flawless, tear-free gaming experiences by default, due to variable-refresh-rate (VRR) technology.
You can enable ELMB (extreme-low-motion-blur technology) and Adaptive-sync at the same time with ELMB SYNC, which eliminates ghosting and tearing for clear images and high frame rates when gaming.
Traditional displays have a narrower color spectrum and lower contrast than HDR monitors. You can now change monitor HDR performance based on the current viewing circumstance by selecting from a variety of HDR settings.
When you’re immersed in extended gaming sessions, Flicker-Free technology lowers flicker to decrease eye strain and increase comfort.
A wide range of multimedia devices may be connected through DisplayPort1.2, HDMI (v2.0) x2, and the Earphone Jack.
- 24.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Fast IPS gaming monitor with ultrafast 280Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- Fast IPS technology enables a 1ms response time (GTG) for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates.
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology enables ELMB together with G-SYNC Compatible, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- Certified as G-SYNC Compatible, delivering a seamless, tear-free gaming experience by enabling VRR (variable refresh rate) by default
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology with professional color gamut delivers contrast and color performance that meets the DisplayHDR 400 certification
- Connectivity ports include DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI (v2.0) x2
3. Sceptre 30-inch Curved Gaming Monitor
AMD FreeSync Premium allows games to reach the greatest altitudes of performance with this Sceptre monitor by speeding the frame rate to at least 120Hz at 1080P FHD resolution and giving low latency to prevent noticeable delays in the data processing.
With 200Hz, you’ll be able to stay ahead of the pack in terms of performance since frames transition instantly. By keeping the lighting from flickering frequently, Anti-Flicker ensures a clearer image.
The DisplayPort can give a frame rate of up to 200Hz, giving you better vision and agility than the average gamer. The HDMI1 port offers a stunning 180 Hz refresh rate.
Built-in speakers produce strong and clear audio while saving space on your desk, making them ideal for work and gaming environments.
HDR400 (High Dynamic Range) improves dynamic contrast ratio by lighting colors up to 50% brighter than SDR and exhibiting exceptionally clear dark tones.
Blue Light Shift decreases blue light, making it easier to work, watch, or play games without affecting your eyes.
With a 1ms response time, colors fade and brighten immediately, avoiding ghosting and putting together exact visuals during action-packed scenarios and gaming.
Users can multitask and add a second source to display whatever they want using Picture in Picture. Sceptre Ultrawide Gaming display can help you get more achieved.
- 30" Curved Gaming Monitor 2560 x 1080 Full HD Resolution. Response Time- 5ms GTG
- DP Up to 200Hz Refresh Rate / HDMI 2. 0 Up to 120Hz Refresh Rate: More than double the standard refresh rate, 200Hz gives gamers an edge in visibility as frames transition instantly, leaving behind no blurred images
- AMD Free Sync With Free Sync, gamers now enjoy smooth video and seamless on the spot movement through their fast paced games. Free Sync is an AMD technology that nearly eliminates tearing and stuttering due to differences between a graphics card's frame rate and a monitor's refresh rate.
- FPS-RTS FPS and RTS are Scepter's custom set display settings built for an enhanced gaming experience. FPS (First Person Shooter) , RTS (Real-Time Strategy).
- Blue Light Shift Reduce your monitors blue light to protect you from eye fatigue, irritation and strains. This enables you to work on you documents, watch movies, or play games more comfortably for extended periods.
- Gaming LED Light
- VESA Wall Mount Pattern Using the VESA wall mount pattern, easily mount your Scepter LED monitor on the wall in a manner that is both aesthetically pleasing and conveniently practical. You will be able to save ample space and view the screen in a position that affords the greatest visibility possible.
- Built-in Speakers With built-in speakers, the monitor delivers office level audio for conference calls and internet workshops. Similarly, enjoy engaging audio while listening to your favorite tunes.
- Thin Bezel Savor every inch of the large screen as the bezel is a mere . 80 cm wide.
- Anti-Flicker Provides a crisper picture by preventing the backlight from flickering periodically
4. MSI QHD Rapid-IPS Gaming Monitor
For around $400, the MSI MAG274QRF is the greatest 27′′ 1440p 144Hz (165Hz factory OC) 1ms IPS gaming monitor on the market!
It’s also one of the fastest 1440p IPS displays, with a 1ms GtG response time, ensuring that ghosting and motion blur isn’t noticeable in fast-paced games.
The MSI Optix MAG274QRF eSports gaming monitor features a 2560×1440 resolution, 165hz refresh rate, and 1ms GTG reaction time panel, giving you the competitive advantage you need to defeat your opponents.
The MSI MAG274QRF monitor has Night Vision, crosshair overlays, and pre-calibrated image settings in addition to AMD FreeSync with certified G-SYNC compatibility and VRR range of 48-165Hz.
MSI’s Anti Motion Blur technology supports MBR as well. It can’t be used in combination with VRR, though.
DisplayPort 1.2, two HDMI 2.0 ports, USB-C (DP 1.2 Alt Mode), a dual-USB 2.0 hub, and a headphone jack are among the connectivity options.
Furthermore, with the appropriate firmware loaded, sRGB emulation mode may be used to limit the color output to 100% sRGB for more realistic colors.
With up to 100mm of height adjustment, -5°/20° tilt, 90° pivot, +/- 75° swivel, and 100x100mm VESA mount compatibility, the monitor’s stand provides comprehensive ergonomic support. Consider the MSI MAG274QF-QD if you want something better.
- Rapid IPS
- 27" Rapid IPS panel LED backlight (2560 x 1440 QHD)
- 165Hz refresh rate
- HDR Ready
- G-Sync Compatible
5. LG 32UL500-W 32 Inch VA Gaming Monitor
You can now acquire a 32-inch 4K monitor with a VA screen for less than $400. With pro-level picture quality, you can see your masterpieces.
LG Ultrafine displays are your canvas for video, photography, and graphic design. Make your best work with image quality that is rich in detail and color fidelity.
Explores HDR video from a variety of streaming services. When playing on an LG UHD 4K display with HDR10 technology in support of the DCI-P3 (Typ.) color space, the output is the most accurate, with intense brightness and a wide color spectrum.
Console gamers can enjoy seamless, smooth motion while playing high-resolution, fast-paced games due to AMD FreeSync technology. Screen tearing and stuttering are practically eliminated with AMD FreeSync.
With little input latency and incredible performance, react to the action, opponents, and every moment. To strike or protect against adversaries hidden in the darkness, Black Stabilizer is your companion.
- 31.5 Inch UHD (3840 x 2160) VA Display
- DCI-P3 95% Color Gamut
- HDR 10 Compatible
- AMD FreeSync Compatible
- OnScreen Control with Screen Split
6. Acer Predator IPS Gaming Monitor
No sacrifices on gaming performance, color, or speed are made with the Predator XB253Q Full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution.
This 24.5-inch (1920 x 1080) monitor boasts many impressive features, including an IPS screen with a blazing-fast 240Hz refresh rate. This G-SYNC compatible monitor brings gaming to new heights of fluidity.
Bring the full power of gaming to deliver more vibrant colors than ever before. Experiment with new things.
With a 240Hz refresh rate, it reduces frame rendering time, reduces input lag, and improves the in-game experience.
Improved liquid crystal formula for advanced IPS technology for superior color performance with no color shift at any viewing angle.
The vibrant 24.5″ IPS Display with Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution captures all the action and immerses you in it.
It also has VRR (variable refresh rate) capability due to AMD FreeSync and NVidia G-SYNC technology. It can change its refresh rate dynamically based on the number of frames per second, which helps to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering.
The monitor is supported by a tripod-like stand that provides a stable foundation. The stand has a Tilt range of -5 to 25 degrees, a 4.7-inch total height adjustment range, a swivel range of +/-20 degrees, and a pivot motion of +/-90 degrees.
The monitor has an edgy appearance and has a gaming display sense to it. The monitor is composed of high-quality acrylic that has been completely black.
- 24.5" FHD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible - Tear Free Gaming - Zero Frame Design Display
- Refresh Rate: 240Hz | Response Time: 1ms (G to G) - Up to 0.5ms (G to G)
- High Brightness and Contrast with VESA Certified DisplayHDR 400
- Ergonomic Tilt: -5° to 25° | Height Adjustment Range: 4.7" | Swivel: +/-20° | Pivot: +/-90°
- Ports: 1 x Display Port, 2 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x Audio-out & 4 x USB 3.0 Ports (Display Port, HDMI & USB Cable Included)
Buying Guide For The Best Gaming Monitors Under 400 Dollars:
There are a lot of expectations when it comes to buying the best gaming monitor under 400 dollars. There are no hard and fast standards for determining what constitutes a gaming monitor. It is the mix of specifications, not the price that matters.
Monitors for photography and editing, for example, cost well over $500; nonetheless, they are not called gaming monitors since they lack key attributes such as a fast response time and a high refresh rate. They do, however, excel in terms of color.
Before we get into the features you should look for in a monitor, let’s have a look at what the finest displays under $400 have to offer.
A 1920 x 1080 Full HD (FHD) screen resolution is seen on the majority of monitors under $400. FHD works well with displays ranging from 19 to 27 inches and creates a crisper, more detailed image since the pixels are not as widely spread.
If you want a 32-inch monitor, look for one with a screen resolution of QHD or 4K. If you want a 4K gaming experience with smooth gameplay, you’ll probably have to spend a little extra on a display. There may be many UHD choices available if you don’t need lightning-fast refresh rates.
The amount of times your panel refreshes itself is referred to as the refresh rate, which can range from 60 to 360 times per second. Unfortunately, if you buy a monitor for under $400, the refresh rate you can get is limited.
Refresh rates are important for gaming and display imaging speed. The majority of displays under $400 have a 60Hz refresh rate. This will be enough for the majority of your regular work as well as ordinary games.
Some displays have greater specifications, with refresh rates ranging from 75Hz to 240Hz.
The most recent arrivals on store shelves are 360Hz displays, the majority of which cost well over $400. However, as you’ll see later, you can still buy an excellent competitive gaming monitor (240Hz) for this budget.
The majority of displays under 400 use TN panels, which have a response time of 1ms. This is the quickest response time you can get, and gamers like it.
The response time of VA panels monitors can range from 4 to 5 milliseconds.
The IPS technology is commonly found in the best displays under $400. When compared to TN panels, IPS (In-Plane Switching) screens feature more brilliant colors and wider viewing angles.
Due to their quick response time, TN panels are the recommended panel type for gaming. A monitor can also include other important gaming elements to boost performance because it is less expensive.
VA panels are the next most popular panel type. Colors, viewing angles, and response time are all excellent on these panels.
The larger the screen under $400, the fewer features it will have to accommodate for the size’s budget. Because the price is directly proportionate to the size.
A 19-inch to 32-inch screen is standard for monitors under $400, with the majority being 24 inches. When all monitor sizes and costs are considered, 24-inch monitors are the most popular.
27-inch panels are also highly popular since they provide you with a bigger screen without taking up too much room. 32-inch displays are rapidly gaining popularity and might become the new standard at any point.
Frequently Asked Questions:
People have many questions in their minds about the best gaming monitors under 400 dollars. We will discuss some here:
Is gaming on a curved monitor better?
Curved monitors can help decrease eye strain and fatigue during extended, competitive gaming sessions. In comparison to a comparably sized flat-screen display, the curved screen guarantees that each pixel is oriented toward you, resulting in superior color constancy.
Curved displays are not commonly used by professional gamers since competitions and professional play do not support them. Even if they did, there are a lot of games where having a curved monitor would be a problem rather than an advantage.
FPS games cannot be played on curved displays. Not about the immersive experience – which is superior to that of flat monitors – but because of the many disadvantages that come with playing first-person fps games.
What is High Dynamic Range (HDR) gaming?
One of the most recent graphical advancements is High Dynamic Range (HDR). Enhanced color performance, higher saturation, greater contrast, brighter highlights, and darker shadows are all features of a decent HDR gaming monitor that will provide you with the greatest gaming experience.
How important are connectivity ports?
I/O connectors are ports that allow computers to communicate with one another. You must select a monitor with HDMI, Display ports, and dual-link DVI connections. It will make it simple for you to connect many devices.
We discussed some of the best gaming monitors under 400 dollars in this post. These monitors were chosen based on their features, performance, and user feedback.
All of these factors contribute to high-quality performance and image quality. You will enjoy working and watching movies in addition to playing games. You can choose from them if you want to buy a monitor.