Storage is one of the compulsory parts of the computer system and important as well. Whatever work is done on a computer by a user is must require to store for permanent use otherwise that can be removed from the volatile memory of the computer. Storages, which are used in computers, are of different types including Tape storage, Magnetic disk storage, and optical storage. Blu-Ray is the part of optical storage for which we will discuss Best Internal Blu Ray Drive.
Storage is a computer or laptop is consists of two parts, first is a disk on which data is written and read while the other is Disk Drive which is the part having read-write heads, rotational motors and other electrical and mechanical parts which are used to rotate the disk and read-write data on that disk. If you have a disk on which data is present but its drive is not available then you cannot use that disk and cannot get data from that disk. Examples of these disk drives are Floppy Drive, Hard Disk Drive, CD Drive, ZIP Drive, etc.
Optical Disks and Drives
Optical disks are these on which data is read and write by using a laser beam. Similarly, optical disk drives used lenses for reading and writing data on these optical disks instead of read-write heads used in magnetic disk drives.
Blue-Ray is the latest technology in optical disks that can store huge data on a single disk. The size of stored data on a Blue-Ray disk is many times greater than a DVD. A single, simple Blue-Ray disk can store up to 50GB data while a DV can store only up to 4GB data. The data storage capacity of Ultra Blu-Ray disk is up to 100GB. In optical disks, drives can use only for reading data stored on an optical disk. That Drive is called ROM (Read-only Memory) like CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, etc.
Super Optical Drives
These are special drives that are used in PCs and laptops and can Read and Write data on different optical disks. By using these super drives, users can read and write data on CD (Compact Disk), read, and write data on DVD (Digital Video Disk). Due to this ability, these drives are names as super drives.
Types of Disk Drives
There are two types of disk drives which are:
- Internal Drives
- External Drives
Internal drives are fixed in the casing of PC or Laptop while the external drives are portable drives that are not fixed in the casing of PC or laptop but are get attached with these by using USB cable whenever is required and after use, can remove from the machine.
Top 8 Best Internal Blu Ray Drive
1. ASUS Blu-Ray Writer BW-16D1HT
The first Blu-Ray drive of our today’s list is made by ASUS and its model name is BW-16D1HT. It is a combo drive which can read and write CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs. It is an internal burner that can use by fixing in a PC.
Asus Blu-Ray writer can write a Blu-Ray disk with a very high speed of 16X which means you can write GBs of data on Blu-Ray disk within very few minutes. Not only the Blu-Ray disks, but this burner can also write DVDs at equal speed. Along with single-layer disks, double layer disks can also write at 12X speed.
This internal Blu-Ray burner has maximum latest technology features including M-Disc, BD-R XL disk which can be sized up to 128GB. Along with these, the latest emerging video technologies are also supported by this burner. Among these, Magic Cinema technology and Blu-Ray 3D support are included.
The connectivity interface of this burner with PC is the SATA connector. In this burner, OTS technology is used which adjusts the laser of this burner according to the used medium which gives the maximum best result. On the other hand, E-Green functionality is integrated with this burner which brings the drive-in standby mode after 2 minutes if not used.
- Extreme 16X Blu Ray writing speed, backup 25GB data for only 8 minutes
- M disc Support, save your priceless memories or data for up to 1,000 years
- BDXL Support up to 128GB data storage in one disc
- CPU: Intel Pentium D 945(3.4GHz) or higher RAM: 1GB or more is recommended HDD: 10GB or more Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT or ATI X1600 series or above Use HDCP Compatible display and VGA card to High Definition digital output
- OS Support: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
2. Pioneer Electronics BDR-212UBK
BDR-212UBK is a Blu-Ray burner that can read these types of disks and also can write data on these Blu-Ray disks. This burner can write BD-R (QL, TL, DL, and SL) and BR-RE disks. Pioneer’s burner can use a blank disk of a maximum of 128GB capacity.
The writing speed of this Blu-Ray burner is 16X for burning Blu-Ray discs as well as DVDs. The functionality of this burner is very silent and no annoying noise is produced. All other types of optical media including CDs are also supported by this for reading and writing data. In the case of CD, over burning is also not occurred.
SATA interface is provided by Pioneer on this burner to connect with the PC. Due to this high-speed interface, the data transfer speed of this burner is also very fast. The improved dust protection system is also part of this burner to protect it from dust due to which performance of the unit is getting decreased and can also even damage the burning lens of this drive. This drive is heavier than other burners and having 3kh body weight which is heavy.
- BDR-212UBK 16x Internal BD/DVD/CD Writer - Original Box
- Up to 16x maximum write speed on BD-R media
- 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray playback
- Long-term data protection with M-DISC
3. LG WH14NS40 SATA Blu-Ray Internal Rewriter
This model of LG Blu-Ray Internal re-writer is versatile. The full range of optical disks is supported by this burner. From Blu-Ray disks to simple CDs, all-optical media can be used for reading as well as for writing of data also.
An extra feature of this rewriter is data security which is not provided in many other drives. For the best performance of this rewriter, the SATA interface is compulsory for high-speed data transfer. In terms of performance, the writing speed of this burner is maximum up to 14X for writing BD-R disks. LG WH14NS40 also supports M-Disc which makes it enable us to write larger Blu-Ray disks.
Movie disks can also be played by using this drive along with some better playback software and necessary equipment. This rewriter also can convert 2D playback into 3D if you have all other pre-requisites. By using this Blu-Ray drive, you can change and enhance your movie experience.
- Drive Type: Super-Multi Internal SATA Blu-ray Disc Rewriter
- BD-R SL/DL: 14X/12XDVD-R SL/DL: 16X/8XDVD+R SL/DL: 16X/8X
- CD-RW: 24X
- Buffer Memory: 4MB
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
4. Panasonic UJ-272 for laptop
Panasonic UJ-272 is the Blu-Ray burner, included in our list of best drives for laptops. This burner is compatible with all most all laptops that’s why this burner becomes able to get a place in this list.
Panasonic UJ-272 is coming with the SATA interface for connectivity. The size of this drive is 9.5mm so this is an ideal choice for all these laptops which have same sized drives. Due to its SATA interface and ideal size, this drive can fit where applied. BD-R XL disks, which are sized up to 128GB are also supported by this burner. Same as of large size, BD-RE (Erasable-Writable) disks can also use in this burner.
- Compatible with all laptops using a 9.5mm SATA tray-loading optical drive
- Net Dimensions: 128mmx9.5mmx129mm, SATA interface, Tray loading, 9.5mm in height
- Lets you read and write to Blu-Ray, DVD and CD media. The UJ-272 can write Blu-ray movies and data with up to 6x recording speed.
- UJ-272 is the successor-model of UJ-262 (now supports BD-R XL 100GB, BD-RE XL 100GB 128GB)
- Support Windows98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista/Win7/Win8, Support Mac OS 8.6 or more height.
5. LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue
LG WH16NS40 is a truly all-purpose burner with exciting improvements. This Blu-Ray disk rewriter is famous for providing multiple top-class functions which changed the user’s way of reading and writing data from optical disk media. For this high-class burner, only graded media is recommended but not the blanks. That’s why high-quality silver disks are recommended to use with this burner.
Like all other top-rated burners, the connectivity interface of this drive with the computer is also the SATA connector because it is the fastest interface for data transfer. This drive can install in a 5.25-inch drive bay. As far as speed of this burner is concerned, Read speed of Blu-Ray disks is 12X, DVDs can read at 16X speed while 48X Read speed is possible for CDs. But the write speed of Blu-Ray disks is 16X for the Single layer. Double layer Blu-Ray write speed can be up to 12X and BD-RE (Re-Writeable) disks can go up to 8X.
- Drive type Internal 16X Blu-ray Disc Rewriter, M-DISC Support. Access time : BD-ROM is 180 ms typ
- Interface: SATA (SATA 1.1a), Buffer Memory: 4 MB
- Operating System - Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Blu-Ray Disc, DVD and CD Family Read/Write Compatible, Write and Read Quad, Triple, Double Layer BD-R Discs
- Sustained Rate: BD-ROM: 575.44 Mb/s (16x) max, DVD-ROM: 22.16 Mb/s (16x) max, CD-ROM: 7,200 Kb/s (48x) max
6. Archgon MD-3102S-U3
Archgon MD-3102S-U3 is one of the best Blu-Ray drives. It is the slimmest and lightweight Blu-Ray burner which can be used in PCs. It is among the best products of the same type. The body of this burner is built with metal which makes it more attractive. Bodyweight of this drive is less than a pound.
A variation that is given on this drive is available of USB ports. The option of USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 is available on this drive and a user can go for any of these according to their system. We can say this drive like a hybrid in use because it can use as internal as well as external also due to the availability of USB port.
The output of this drive is also higher and all types of optical disks can use with this burner. The maximum read-write speed of this drive for Blu-Ray, DVD, and CD is maximum up to 8X.
- Build-in Panasonic Blu-ray Combo Drive UJ-160 (Blu-ray Reader & DVD Writer)
- Premium Aluminum Casing. USB 3.0 Interface (USB 2.0 Compatible)
- Bundled Cyberlink Media Suite OEM custom version (simple Blu-ray playback, NOT Cyberlink retail version)
- Compatible with Win 7/8/8.1, Mac OS 10.8.5 or later (NOTE: Surface Pro 3 users MUST connect the external drive and Surface Pro 3 through a powered USB hub)
7. Pioneer BDR-2209
Pioneer BDR-2209 is another best and high-speed Blu-Ray burner that also has the SATA interface for connectivity and high rate data transfer. The front panel of this drive is black which gives a very attractive look to this drive.
The writing speed of this burner is up to 16X for BD-R and DVD-R disks while it is very higher in the case of CD-R and is up to 40X. The reading speed of this burner is relatively slower which is 12X for BD-ROM, same 16X for DVD-ROM, and 40X for CD-ROM.
Large capacity disks are also handled by this burner. It can read-write a large-sized disk up to 128GB. M-Disk is also acceptable for this Blu-Ray Burner. A very important point here is, that, optical disks are used to store data for backup but due to chemical treating of this media, it got started to become damaged, but the projected lifetime of these M-Disks is over several hundred years. That’s why these can be used for data backups over a longer period of time and this burner can back-up data on these M-Disks.
The compatibility of this high-end Blu-Ray burner is with all Windows Operating Systems from Windows XP SP3 to Windows 10.
- Up to 16x writing speed on BD-R media!
- Write up to 50 Gbytes on one BD-R DL disc
- QuickPlay - Movies are ready faster
- Backwards compatible with DVD and CD media
- Data Buffer- 4 MB
8. Orange Juice Internal Blu-Ray player
This drive is a super drive that can read data from all types of optical disk including CD-DVD and Blu-Ray while it can also burn DVDs and CDs.
This drive support Blu-Ray movie playback along with DVD and CD playback. So by using this single drive, you can enjoy your favorite film on any type of optical media. For playing back media from Blu-Ray disk or any other, its player software is required to pre-install. 3D is also supported by this drive if supported 3D equipment is installed on your machine including 3D glasses and display cards.
As far as the specifications of this drive are concerned, the interface of this internal drive is standard sized SATA with 22 pins. It can install in a 5.25-inch drive bay which means any replacement or upgrading of optical drive is very easy. It is not the only player of Blu-Ray disks but this drive can also write DVD and CD whenever is required. Re-Writing of optical disks is also possible by using this drive.
Read speed of this drive for Blu-Ray disks, DVDs and CDs is 6x, 8x, and 24x respectively while the speed of data on DVD and CD is 8x and 24x respectively.
- Premium external UHD 4K Blu-Ray Writer Super-Muti drive.
- Support M-DISC BD-R. CNC aluminum body.
- The UHD blu-ray drive can read UHD, read and write regular Blu-Ray, DVD, and CD with proper software. For regular blu-ray, DVD and CD, you can use whatever applicable software that come with your computer, or search for the proper software to install on your computer.For playback UHD blu-ray, we recommend using “CyberLink PowerDVD”. It is a 3rd party software that require additional purchase, and it is the only one that we found is reliable.
- Please make sure your equipment meet the CyberLink PowerDVD requirement by going through a test by search " Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor " before purchase. Please note that Cyberlink PowerDVD currently has only PC version. For MAC users there is no suitable UHD blu-ray software yet to the best of our knowledge. So on Mac computer you can only play and write regular blu-ray, DVD, and CD but not the UHD.
- Do not use illegal downgrade firmware or playback software. It may damage the functionality of the UHD drive.
Optical disks are most often used for backing of important and routine data which is then retrieved from these disks by using these drives. If your drive is not best in quality than that drive can become a headache for you to writing the data for backup and later to get that data back from these disks. The same is the case for playing your favorite movies or memorable moments burned on the Blu-Ray disks. Keep in touch with me for the improvement of my work for you by commenting.