The practice of medicine has changed, much like in other professions. Technology continues to reshape how doctors and data processing treats patients. Doctors also modified their working environment with the rapid development of technology. We often noticed a gradual change from writing pads to the most reliable laptops over the past few years. Perhaps you might be one of those who made their changes recently, and are they now searching for the best laptops for doctors?
If you are a doctor and looking for the best laptops for doctors in 2021, then you are in the right place. Here, I am going to share the best laptop for you. After researching multiple sites, I have made a list of the best laptops for medical students and doctors. Furthermore, it depends on you when you went and buy the best laptop. The following are the recommended laptops for medical students and doctors.
Top 10 Best Laptops for Doctors & Medical students
1-Apple MacBook Pro
The Apple MacBook Pro is correctly structured and exceptionally beguiling. With almost no support, it is as mild as conceivable. The PCs will extend your work area in a stylishly pleasing manner and bring you up in snapshots of exhaustion and fatigue.
The MacBook Pro uses the brilliant Retina Display technology with a 16-inch screen. This is equipped with an 8th generation i7 processor and 4 GB of video memory for the Radeon Pro 555X graphics. And it’s backed with 512GB SSD storage as well.
It’s a very compact device and weighs just 4 pounds. There are also fingerprint scanner features on the MacBook. You can toss passwords into your laptop, your protected files, and even online accounts and have password-less entry.
The MacBook Pro’s battery life lasts as long as 10 hours. This battery time is sufficient, even in your busy day.
- Ninth-generation 6-Core Intel Core i7 Processor
- Stunning 16-inch Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300M Graphics with GDDR6 memory
- Ultrafast SSD
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Six-speaker system with force-cancelling woofers
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 11 hours of battery life
- 802.11AC Wi-Fi
2- Acer Aspire E 15
If your budget is high, then this laptop is for you. The Acer Aspire E 15 could be the best choice for you. For doctors, this is the best budget laptop.
A laptop with a giant 15.6-inch screen allows medical experts to stack a few patient reports and tests next to each other and perform different tasks while working through their busy schedules. This also gives you a broad enough perspective on X-rays, MRIs, and so on.
Acer Aspire E 15 laptop comes with an Intel Core i5-8250U processor of the 8th generation that has clocked up to 3.4 GHz. Acer laptop is also backed by 8 GB of dual-channel RAM that will allow multitasking for medical professionals.
It also has 256 GB of SSD storage space for storage, which might not be enough for everyone. It is also equipped with 2 GB of dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics. About weight at present, this system is very substantial at 5.3 pounds (2.4 kg).
The fantastic feature of Acer Aspire E 15 is battery timing. The Acer Aspire E15 exceeds our expectations regarding battery life. Acer states that on a single charge, the system will give up to 15 hours of use.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
- Up to 15-hours of battery life.Adapter: 65 W
- Windows 10 Home
3- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
Lenovo will be your best option if you search for your doctor’s best lightweight laptop since this laptop is highly lightweight and compact in its body mass. For doctors who move around a lot and don’t want a heavy laptop, it is the best laptop.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon has a smaller display than the MacBook Pro we considered earlier, offering a brilliant, high-quality image experience of 14 inches with 500 nits. The Intel Core i7-8650U is the processor on this X1 Carbon, and it comes with 1 TB SSD, making it a powerful laptop.
The weight is 0.7 pounds (0.3kg), making this laptop the most lightweight laptop for doctors. In this laptop, all the ports needed for connectivity are present. It comes with two USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) ports, two USB 3.0 ports, a MicroSD 4-in-1 card reader, and an HDMI port.
The Intel HD designs will not let you down either as you can imagine multi-sided bone and tissue subtleties on your patients’ 3D and 4D outputs using programming that helps you to analyses X-beams, Bone sweeps, Pet Scans, MRIs, and so on.
Besides, it is assisted by a backlit keyboard, a fingerprint reader, and a shutter camera. Overall, for doctors and medical students, it is the best laptop.
- Intel Core i7-8565U Processor 1. 8GHz, Up to 4. 6GHz Turbo, Quad Core
- 14" Anti-glare LED Backlit IPS FHD (1920 x 1080) Display
- 16GB LPDDR3 2133MHz RAM, 512GB Solid State Drive
- Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, Windows 10
- Intel Integrated 620 Graphics, HDMI, 802. 11 Wireless-AC
4- Microsoft Surface Pro
Surface Pro is a lightweight and portable laptop that could be very useful for students in medical schools, and colleges also recommended to Doctors as the best laptop for doctors. The weight of this laptop is 1.7 pounds.
It’s often equipped with a 16 GB Intel Core i7 10th-Gen processor that facilitates the laptop’s studio and laptop flexibility. More naturally, you can type, draw, compose, work, view videos, and play. Besides, both Intel Iris and HD graphics also come with it.
A 12.3-inch touchscreen display with a native resolution of 2736 by 1824 is accessible for Microsoft Surface Pro. It runs Windows 10 Home and uses networking using the latest in wireless technology.
Perhaps noteworthy, the keyboard is sold separately. For its kind, it’s an excellent keyboard, efficiently detaching from the Surface Pro and sticking magnetically to the rim. The tablet is ultra-light and compact, and your everyday routine will never slow you down. Wherever you go, it can be in your hand all day.
The laptop provides 6 hours of extended battery backup when heavily used, but it provides up to 13 hours if moderately used.
- No WiFi, no problem, in addition to WiFi, every model comes enabled with blazing fast LTE Advanced Pro connectivity
- Perfect for your on the go lifestyle — sleek and slim, in Matte Black, Surface Pro X is just 7.3mm thin and starts at 1.7 pounds
- See more and do more on a 13” screen. Virtually edge to edge PixelSense Display touchscreen and Surface signature 3:2 ratio gives you the most workspace possible
- Powered by Qualcomm, the new custom Microsoft SQ1 processor delivers multitasking laptop performance, Long battery life, and faster LTE and Wi Fi connectivity
- Ultra slim and versatile design. Surface Pro X adapts to you, transforming from the ultra thin laptop, to powerful tablet, to portable studio
5- ASUS ZenBook 14
Asus ZenBook 14 is here if you’re looking for an ultra-thin and elegant laptop. ASUS ZenBook 14 laptop is an ultra-thin 14-inch workstation with a real breakthrough in military assessment, and the resolution of full HD screen is 1920*180. The Intel Core i7-8565 processor inside provides a maximum clock speed of 4.1GHz.
The full SSD storage will dramatically improve booting, and the 16 GB RAM combination will be up to speed. The weight of the laptop is 2.6 pounds, which makes it so portable. Furthermore, it comes with a range of USB ports and a microSD card reader dedicated to it.
Additionally, the laptop is increasingly ergonomic for writing for longer timeframes because of the Ergo Lift structure. This means you can prepare your original copies to distribute medicinal diaries without intense tension on your wrist or fingers.
As long as 9 hours, when used in an ideal way, which is very cool, I would claim, the battery life can be a simple stretch.
- 14-Inch wide-view full HD 4-way Nano-edge bezel Display Matte
- Latest 8th generation Intel Core i7-8565u Quad Core Processor (8M Cache up to 4 6 GHz)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB Pie NV Me SSD and16GB LPDDR3 RAM Windows 10 Home
- Exclusive Ergo Lift design for improved typing position optimized cooling System and enhanced audio performance
- Built-in IR Camera for facial recognition sign in with Windows Hello
- Exclusive dual-function touchpad a touchpad with switchable numeric keypad for immediate data entry
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI/USB Type C gigabit-class Wi-Fi 802 11AC Bluetooth 5 0 and Micro SD card reader
- Sleek and lightweight 2 6 lbs for comfortable portability Carry Sleeve and USB3 0 to RJ45 cable included
- Mil-stud 810G military standard for reliability and durability
6- Dell XP 13
Suppose you are a doctor who, more than anything else, enjoys visual clarity. Dell XPS 13 9370 is a magnificent class and offers superb performance, long battery life, and stylish design combined with a small and trendy fingerprint sensor.
The display of Dell XP 13 is 13.3, Ultra HD Infinity Edge touchscreen. The complete 3840 to 2160 resolution will sufficient for the most frequently overlooked information to be addressed.
Dell has been enabled by an Intel Core i7 i7-8550U 8th generation processor. It can run up to 4.0GHz, which gives you an exceptional machine experience. Moreover, a 16 GB LPDDR3 2133MHz Memory also comes in the Dell XPS that allows you simultaneously to run a range of heavy-duty applications.
Dell XP 13 supports 16 GB RAM and 512 GB onboard storage. The weight of a Dell laptop is 2.2 Ibs, which is highly portable.
Dell XPS 13 doesn’t compromise on the networking front despite the lack of dedicated graphics. Three USB Type C ports are available with support for Thunderbolt 3. They can all be easily used to download and transfer data. The main thing is that the Battery life of Dell XP 13 is 12 hours.
- 13. 3-Inch touch-screen infinity-edge 4K UHD (3840x2160) Display
- 8th Gen Intel Quad Core i7-8550U 1. 80 GHz (4 Cores 8 Threads, Turbo 4. 0 GHz, 8MB Smart Cache)
- 512GB PCIe SSD | 16GB DDR3 | Killer 1435 802. 11AC 2x2 WLAN + Bluetooth 4. 1 combo
- Backlit keyboard | Thunderbolt 3 USB-C
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
7- Hp Spectra X360
HP Specter x360 is a beautiful shot from the current market if you’re looking for a conventional laptop with touchscreen support. One of the manufacturer’s flagship products includes the right number of criteria for a smooth computing experience. We also like how it improved performance without hampering battery life and usability.
Full HD screen with a resolution of 1920*1080 is the lighting of the 13.3-inch display. The HP is powered by an 8th gen Intel Core i7 and 16 GB of ram when it comes to performance. 512 GB SSD is a storage capacity. The show of color and angles is impressive.
The unit also has a regular USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, in addition to two Thunderbolt 3 ports for data transfer and control. More sensors such as gyroscope and accelerometer are also packaged in the device. The weight of Hp spectra X360 is 2.78Ibs.
The HP Specter X360 lasted 12 hours and 37 minutes during our battery benchmark test. It also blends affordability and strength, which is why it is one of the best laptops for doctors.
- 8TH GENERATION QUAD CORE CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8 GHz, up to 4 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) four-way processing 1.80 GHz to 4.00 GHz with 8 MB SmartCache, high-efficiency performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE, Windows 10 PROFESSIONAL 64 BIT Pre-Installed by HP, : 16 GB LPDDR3-2133 SDRAM (onboard), Windows 10 Pro 64
- SUPERIOR SPEED and NETWORKING: Fast Data Access with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo
- IMPRESSIVE HD PANEL with HD Active Stylus Pen and Thunderbolt Support: Experience exceptional colors and clarity with 13.3" Full HD touch screen (Resolution: 1920 x 1080) for hands-on control and IPS technology for wide viewing angles. 13.3" diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touch screen with Corning Gorilla Glass NBT, HP Active Stylus Pen, USB-C port, Thunderbolt support & SD card reader
- SLEEK, PORTABLE DESIGN with FREE 3 YEARS 1 DEVICE SUBSCRIPTION TO MCAFEE INTERNET SECURITY, AN ADVANCED ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE, AWARD WINNING PROTECTION, BLOCKS VIRUSES, MALWARE, RANSOMWARE, SPYWARE, UNWANTED PROGRAMS, AND MORE, ALSO INCLUDES MCAFEE WEB ADVISOR AND MCAFEE PASSWORD MANAGER
8- HP Envy 13
HP Envy 13 is a competent budget laptop. The HP Envy 13 is a 13.30-inch Windows 10 Home laptop with a 1920×1080 pixel resolution.
At just 14 inches, it features a compact screen that comes with anti-glare technology to decrease eye strain while working for long periods. An Intel Core i7-8250U dual-processor is operating at 1.8GHz drives the laptop. It comes with a 16 GB DDR memory RAM chip, which gives you enough computing power to run multiple applications simultaneously.
Network options are one of the distinguishing characteristics of this laptop. It comes with the latest wireless technology, such as the Bluetooth 4.2 combo and the super-fast wireless-AC 801.11a/b/g/n/ac.
Finally, the Windows 10 Advanced 64-bit operating system comes with the HP 840 G5. It is suitable for professionals, small businesses, and education, providing doctors with access to new productivity resources such as Microsoft Office, medical diagnostic apps, etc.
Hp Envy 13 is a thin and lightweight laptop as it weighs 2.8 pounds, and the battery timing of Hp Envy 13 is 10 hours. So, Hp Envy 13 is recommended to doctors.
- Cutting-edge security: state-of-the-art security Features include webcam kill switch and integrated fingerprint reader
- Distinctive design: high-quality, durable, all-metal case Built to last, with premium design features including a brilliant backlit keyboard and geometric pattern speaker grill
- Fast boot up with SSD: Boot up in seconds, transfer files without waiting hours, and enjoy a snappier experience with the internal solid-state drive
- Bios recovery and protection: automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot-up issues
- Super Fast Processor: 10th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i7-10510u, Quad Core, 1.8 GHz Base frequency up to 4.9 GHz Base with Intel's) Turbo Boost Technology
- Full HD display: 13.3-Inch diagonal FHD IPS bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass with anti-reflection Corning Gorilla Glass NBT Display (1920 x 1080)
- Memory and storage: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (not upgradable), 256 GB pcie(r) nvme(tm) M.2 Solid State Drive
- Battery life: up to 16 hours and 45 minutes (mixed usage), up to 13 hours and 15 minutes (video playback), up to 9 hours and 45 minutes (wireless streaming); 0 to 50% charge in 45 minutes with HP Fast charge
- Thin and light (unpackaged): 12.86 in (H) x 8.87 in (W) x 0.70 in (L); 3.53 pounds
- Operating System and warrant: Windows 10 Home and 1-Year Limited hardware warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support when shipped from and sold by Amazon.Com and not a third party seller
9- Apple MacBook Air
Apple companies are good in performance, and also, if you are on a reasonable budget, Doctors must focus on this option. Apple MacBook Air has a 13.3-inch LED Backlit Native screen with 1440 alternatives to the 900-pixel screen. MacBook Air is one of the best laptops for doctors and medical schools.
It comes with 4 GB of RAM and is powered by the Core i5 Processor. The Apple MacBook Air A1466 bundles 128 GB SSD storage. Intel Integrated HD Graphics 6000 is used to control graphics.
The weight of this laptop is 2.96 pounds. There is also a high-quality facetime HD Webcam face video conferencing session. All the ports needed for connectivity are present in this system. It is also supported with Bluetooth 4.0 and Dual mics.
Moreover, the Battery timing of the Apple MacBook Air is pretty impressive; it provides 12 hours of battery life.
- 1.8 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Processor
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Fast SSD Storage
- 8GB memory
- Two USB 3 ports
- Thunderbolt 2 port
- Sdxc port
10- Huawei MateBook 13
When you are a doctor who loves portability and the strength of networking, this system will fulfill all your requirements. Huawei offers two Mate Book 13 laptop models, an entry-level version, and a high-end version. Still, both contain the same display size 13-inch, 2,560 x 1,440 (220 pixels per inch) touchscreen, and 8 GB of LPDDR3 memory, as well as a fingerprint reader embedded in the power button.
Although an Intel Core i5 processor at 1.6GHz is powered by the Huawei Mate Book 13 Signature Version, its inclusion of 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD storage will give you a smooth Windows experience.
The laptop comes with what is called the Full view Touchpanel by Huawei. The weight of this laptop is 2.87 pounds. The Huawei MateBook 13 Signature Edition resembles the Apple MacBook in an odd way regarding design and connectivity.
Moreover, the Battery life of the Huawei MateBook 13 is impressive, about 10 hours.
There are many laptops available, but these mentioned laptops are the best ones based on their comparison concerning specifications, prices, and long life. Doctors can pick any of these according to their needs and primary focus; either it is upon long-lasting battery or computing power or the display quality. This article can assist them in their selection of laptops.