The monitor is part of the display system on the computer. In different categories of computer devices, the monitor belongs to the output devices category because it displays the result of processed data. The display system of a computer mainly consists of two main parts one is the Graphics Processor Unit (GPU) or Graphics Card other is the display monitor. Both of these are required to compatible with one another in terms of quality and functionality.
For a high-end graphics card, a high-end monitor is required for the best and accurate results. If the graphics card of a computer is higher in quality but the display monitor is lower in quality than it is just a waste of money and an all-time problem.
Types of Monitors
There are different types of monitors according to the technology used, size, and form. Due to these factors and features, different monitors are suitable for different types of working like general use, graphics, and video related working or most important gaming. The following are different types of monitors.
- Cathode Ray Tube Monitor (CRT): Build technology of these monitors is old and most commonly used in television screens manufacturing. A cathode-ray tube is a vacuum tube having an electron gun at one end and a fluorescent screen at the other end. A stream of high energy electrons is fired at this fluorescent screen to form images. These monitors are bulky in size and are required more space for placement. On the other hand, the consumption of power is also higher in these monitors.
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD): It is among today’s latest technologies that are in use nowadays. A layer of liquid crystal and another layer of color or monochrome pixels are used in these monitors. The active matrix of TFT and Passive matrix are two technologies that are used in LCD monitors. These monitors are lightweight, require less space for placement, and also consume less power than CRT monitors.
- Light Emitting Diodes (LED): These are the latest most type of monitors which are available nowadays in the market. LED monitors are more environment friendly than CRT and LCD and also use very little power as compare to the other two types. Panels of these monitors are may be flat or some curved making these LEDs for backlit.
Features of the best monitor
The following are some features that can be found in any best quality monitor. These features can vary in different monitors due to different working environments.
There are three different panel types of LCD technology that are available in the market and are used by different users. Twisted Nematic (TN) panel is best for gaming; Vertical Alignment (VA) is the other panel type suitable for general working and last is In-Plane Switching (IPS) which is a better choice for professionals
Let’s start reviewing the best monitors for workstation.
Top 8 Best Monitors for Workstation
1. Dell P2720DC
Dell P2720DC is one of the best available monitors in the market for giving you a better and perfect view of all important tasks. This monitor is best for users who are required to use this monitor in-home or office for routine work.
The screen of this monitor is 27 inches in size and is a diagonal display. This is a QHD monitor having a maximum screen resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. With higher Pixels Per Inch (PPI) than FHD, the screen display of this monitor is much brilliant and clear than Full HD monitors.
Dell P2720DC support an uninterrupted view on multiple screens by using multi-monitors. Another advanced feature in this monitor is auto-restore which makes you enable to start your application from that point where you were left there, even after unplugging.
The type of this monitor is LCD which is also very energy efficient. The surface of this monitor screen is coated with anti-glare which is 3H hard coating and is used to reduce the reflection of this screen to protect user eyes from damage.
The technology of this monitor panel is IPS, In-Plane Switching, which is used for accurate viewing angles from all sides. WLED backlit technology is used in this monitor.
2. Samsung SF354
Samsung SF354is a big screen monitor but at a comparatively low price. This monitor is for these users which are required to use this in-home for general computing work. For such kind of work, this 27-inch monitor is a very big display that clears everything on its screen.
The design of this monitor is slim and flat having relatively thin bezels. The display quality of this monitor is also HD having 1080 pixels resolution. Display colors on this monitor are very sharp and have a realistic-look. The panel of this monitor is PLS that is the Samsung version of IPS technology used for accurate viewing angles from all sides.
This wide-view panel gives a 178o wide viewing angle horizontally and vertically that is a perfect view from any position. AMD Radeon Free Sync and other different multiple gaming modes are also available for an excellent gaming experience. The display quality of this monitor is also HD supporting 1080 pixels screen resolution.
For the protection of the eye retina, flicker-free and eye saver mode are given which reduces the blue light emission which is harmful to the human eye.
Samsung SF354 also having Eco-Saving Plus which reduces the brightness of this monitor and save the power. The brightness of this screen is automatically changed which reduces energy use.
- 27 inch monitor with an ultra-slim design and sleek profile matches any space
- Amd Radeon free Sync & Multiple game modes provide responsive game experience without screen tearing as well as optimal color settings and image contrast for more vivid scenes
- Wide viewing panel provides a 178⁰ wide viewing angle horizontally and vertically for optimal viewing experience from any position
- Easier on eyes with Flicker Free and eye saver mode to reduce Blue light emissions which are harmful for the retina
- Eco-saving Plus reduces screen brightness to save power, plus the screen brightness automatically transitions fluidly—reducing energy use even more
3. Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q
Dell ultrasharp U2720Q is a beautiful display panel that is fixed in a lean frame and also has a surprising sharper screen. This 27-inch sized monitor is best suited for these users which are required to perform video editing or related work or graphics designing because it is a 4K display monitor which is specially included in the required list of these video editors or graphic designers.
The contrast ratio of this monitor is 1300:1 which is huge and this contrast ratio gets combined with HDR support which makes this monitor a high performer. Multiple hardware interfaces are available on this monitor for its attachment and these interfaces include USB, VGA port, HDMI, and USB Type-C. The panel of this monitor is LED with backlit and has a maximum screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.
The IPS technology is also the part of this panel along with other features of the Anti-Glare coating screen, Visa Mount compatibility, and a security lock slot. Due to LED technology, this monitor is highly energy-efficient and also covers the 99% sRGB color gamut.
- Create an efficient workspace with the Dell UltraSharp U2720Q 27 inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) LED Backlit LCD IPS USB-C Monitor (7GZ651)
- Sleek design - 27 inch diagonal 4K UHD IPS screen with vibrant 3840 x 2160 resolution and thin profile that supports virtually seamless multi-display setups
- Exceptional visuals - see consistent, vibrant colors across a wide viewing angle enabled by In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology
- Experience simple, convenient connectivity - work with your most frequently-used devices with DisplayPort, HDMI, USB ports, and Audio Line out
- Display Features: Tilt, Swivel, Pivot, Vesa Mount Compatible, Anti-glare, USB Hub, LED Backlights, In Plane Switching, Security Lock Slot, Energy Star Certified, 99% sRGB color gamut
4. Samsung SJ55W
Here is a 34 inch big sized and very high-performance monitor from Samsung with the brand name of SJ55W. This monitor gives a clear and sharp display of ultra WQHD quality. This monitor is the choice of these users which need a big sized screen with a multi-monitor option. This monitor is not only rich in features but is also very economical in price.
This is an ultra-wide monitor that enhances the experience of multitasking and provides a larges canvas for the drawing and graphic designing related work. A very important feature of this monitor is PBP (Picture -By-Picture) and PIP (Picture-In-Picture).
This feature enables you to connect this monitor with two devices and independently control them to show side-by-side on the monitor and also can change the picture size and location of the second source on the screen of this monitor.
To connect the multiple sources with this monitor, HDMI, and Display ports are given on this monitor. SJ55w is an ultra-wide monitor with a WQHD screen resolution maximum up to 3440 x 1440 pixels which has a higher PPI (Pixels Per Inch).
- 34-INCH ULTRAWIDE MONITOR with WQHD resolution (3440 x 1440p)
- PERFECT FOR DUAL MONITOR USAGE with powerful multitasking split screen features – PBP/PIP and easy to use embedded split screen software
- AMD FREESYNC synchronizes the refresh rate of your graphics card and widescreen monitor to reduce image tear and stutter
- CONNECT MULTIPLE INPUT SOURCES thru HDMI ports and display port. Power Supply Type - AC 100-240V. Power Consumption (Max)- 59 W. Power Consumption (Stand-by)- less then equal to 0.3 W. Max Stand By Power (DPMS)- less then equal to 0.5 W
- SLIM PANEL, ELEGANT Y-STAND AND METALLIC BEZEL bring quality and style to the workplace or home. Tilt- (-1.5°)（plus/minus 1.0°）upto 15.0°（plus/minus 2.0°）
- DARKER BLACKS with industry-leading 3000:1 contrast ratio of advanced VA panel. Product Dimensions Without Stand-32.6 x 14.5 x 4.1 inches
5. BenQ EX3203R Curved
BenQ EX3203R is a 31.5-inch screen monitor which is very spacious and also has admirable features along with a beautiful and attractive panel. Even, having all these features and qualities, the most important thing, the price of this monitor is also very affordable. This monitor is an ideal choice for gamers and for these users which requires features rich display monitor.
The display quality of this monitor is also high by having a screen resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. Another important feature, concerned with gaming is the refresh-rate that is 144Hz in the case of this monitor. HDR support is also available and Free Sync 2 is also provided by BenQ in this monitor.
The hardware interface for the connection of this monitor is USB and USB Type-C ports. The brightness and contrast ratio of this monitor is also higher due to HDR 400.
- Panoramic entertainment: immerse yourself in Gaming on the 31.5" Screen of 2560x1440 resolution with 1800R curvature
- 144Hz refresh rate: high refresh rate of 144Hz offers smoothness and fluidity for game playing
- Display HDR 400 VESA Certified: offers greater brightness and contrast level to deliver users a detailed and vivid image performance
- Free Sync 2: empowered by AMD Free Sync 2 technology to eliminate choppy tearing and broken frames and ensure smooth game play
- Connectivity: USB-C enables SuperSpeed USB data transfer and 2K video delivery on one cable
- 144 hertz
6. HP Z27n G2
HP Z27n G2 is one of the most economical monitors which are best to use with workstations. 27inch Screen of this monitor is almost bezel-less due to which maximum screen area is available for display. LED technology is used for the screen of this monitor which is higher in display quality but lower in power consumption.
The display quality of this monitor is WQHD with a maximum screen resolution of 2560 x 1440 and a 16:9 aspect ratio. USB Type-C faster connectivity is also available on this monitor which is needed compulsory for 4k display.
Along with this, standard VGA port and HDMI also provided for the connection of monitor with the workstation. Color combination is also up to the maximum in this monitor because it covers 99% of sRGB color gamut.
7. Philips BDM4350UC
BDM4350UC monitor is manufactured by Philips which is a very known company all over the world for making electronics items. It is a giant size monitor for a workstation which shows every dot crystal clear on-screen.
The size of this monitor is 43 inches, from which 42.51 inches are used for display. It is a perfect 4k monitor which is also UHD by having a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.
Philips equipped this monitor with MultiView technology allowing PBP and PIP features. For wide-viewing angles and maximum colors, the panel of this monitor is built with IPS technology. The smart contrast ratio of this monitor is 50,000,000:1 which provides the deep black color.
Multiple hardware interfaces are available for the connectivity of this monitor with the workstation. These interfaces include standard VGA port, HDMI, and USB 3.0. Seven watts Stereo built-in speakers are also built-in.
- Philips 43" Class (42. 51" Viewable) LED monitor with 4K UHD 3840x2160 resolution
- Ips panel for wide-viewing angles and full colors, displaying over 1 billion colors for real-life color accuracy
- 50, 000, 000: 1 Smart contrast ratio for deep Black level details
- Peace OF mind: Philips monitors come with 4-year advance replacement in the United States, minimizing downtime
- Hdmi 2. 0 (x2), DisplayPort 1. 2 (x2), VGA, and audio in/out connectivity with built-in USB 3. 0 (x4) hub (1 W/ Fast charging)
- Philips MultiView technology allowing Picture-by-Picture (4 inputs) or Picture-in-Picture (2 inputs) for maximum productivity
- Built-in 7W (x2) Stereo speakers, and wall mountable (VESA compatible) for convenience
- PVC-BFR free housing and 100% recylable packaging
8. BenQ PD3200U
PD3200U is a big size display monitor which is 32-inch in size. It is also a 4K display monitor that has almost all these features which are required for a graphics designer. The display quality of this monitor is UHD and having a maximum screen resolution of 2160 pixels. All color spaces, Adobe RGB, SRGB, and DCI-P3 are covered by this high-performance monitor.
The panel of this monitor is 10-bit which is mostly not present in other monitors. This panel is built with IPS technology for accurate and wide-viewing angles. Ergonomic features are also part of this monitor which also allows customization.
Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) switch is also supported by this monitor for general usage. Hotkey Puck is also allowed to configure and use on this monitor for easy use. Eyecare is another important and required feature that is also present in this monitor.
- Exclusive AQCOLOR technology covers a wide variety of color spaces such as Adobe RGB, sRGB, Rec. 709, ensuring the colors on your screen are the brightest, boldest and most accurate
- View files side-by-side with DualView. Easily compare photos and videos in specialized CAD/CAM, darkroom or animation Display modes next to each other on one screen
- Ergonomic features allows you to customize your viewing experience with a tilt, twist or turn. Adjust the screen height or rotate to portrait mode for added comfort and workflow efficiency
- Keyboard video mouse (KVM) switch allows users to Display files, photos or videos from two different computers on a single screen. Easily work on multiple projects at once without worrying about transferring files computer to computer
- Eye care technology prevents eye strain, fatigue and irritation with Low Blue Light technology, Brightness Intelligence and ZeroFlicker filters out harmful blue light, automatically adjust screen brightness based on your surroundings and eliminates annoying flickering. Brightness: 250 cd/㎡
- All units purchased from comes with new firmware update, fixing previous flickering issues
Above is the list of best monitors which can be perfectly used with the workstation. Whatever is your filed of working and which screen size is your requirement, you can surely select from this list. For gaming and graphics work you can select, monitors with the highest screen resolution and refresh rate, from these.
Different screen levels from moderate to large are also described. You can go for one of these which is according to your need and desire. Keep commenting to remain in contact.