Two types of inks are available for printers i-e Pigment ink and Dye ink. Pigment ink is lighter in color as compared to Dye. Pigment ink is water-resistant, and it prints solid black color. When pigment ink printings are exposed to UV light, it holds the quality, color, and better vibrancy than Dye. So, if you are thinking of buying the best pigment ink printers, that’s a good decision.
Pigment ink is better because it consists of small particles of color material rather than paper staining dyes. These tiny particles sit on the paper without being absorbed, which is what happened with dyes. Pigment ink makes the photo or document long-lasting and gives better color stability.
Pigment ink is used by those users who want to last their documents and photos for a long time without fading away. To get the full benefit of the pigment ink, we have discussed some of the best pigment ink color printers for you.
Buyer’s guide for pigment ink printers:
For purchasing a pigment ink printer, you have to check the quality of the printer and its longevity. When buying a pigment ink printer, you must keep the following factors in mind.
Size of ink drops:
There is a fight going on for years between Epson and Canon over the thinnest ink drops. But the Epson has the lead as it has the thinnest of 3.5 picoliters while canon has the 4. However, it is not a big difference, so you can buy any of them according to your printing needs.
Dots per inch (DPI) greatly affects the printer and also enhances the quality of the print. Generally, the higher number of DPI means the greater resolution of the print. For best quality prints, you must buy a printer that has a higher DPI. Otherwise, the print quality will bother you later on.
Printers used in offices normally have four ink cartridge colors, CMYK. While photographers print with a variety of shades, so they have to buy a printer with more ink cartridges. The cartridge color ranges from 1 to 12, it depends on your need, which one suits you. For good colors, your choice should be a 6,8,10, or 12 ink cartridge system.
Top 5 Best pigment ink printers
1- Epson SureColor P600
The SureColor p600 is one of the best printers for photographers. It is well built and very easy and simple to use. This printer is capable of producing quality prints that you will be impressed with.
The print quality of Epson SureColor P600 is outstanding. It prints extremely sharp and high-resolution photos up to 5760 x 1440 DPI. The printed photographs are crisp, sharp, and bright.
Epson p600 supports various paper size ranges that include roll paper (maximum 13 inches), fine art paper, glossy paper, CD/DVDs, etc.
Epson p600 is specially designed for enthusiasts and professional photographers. When it comes to popular photo sizes, it prints up to 13 inches wide and border-free. It produces up to A3+ (329 x 483 mm) prints.
8 color ink cartridges that use Ultrachrome premium HD inks. Color inks are yellow, light vivid magenta, Cyan, vivid magenta, light cyan, light black, matte black, and photo black.
With 3.5 inches tilting LCD touch screen, that enables you to easily adjust the settings. The Color touchscreen ensures a convenient and smooth use of the touch interface. Epson p600 comes with 25.9 ml of high-capacity ink cartridges with ink-saving mode. It has an advanced black and white printing mode using 3 levels of black technology to print impeccable black and white output.
Epson p600 has the 6 PPM of maximum speed. The printed photos last for years.
This printer has impressive wireless connectivity, including automatic duplexing, wireless mobile print as well as Airprint, Google cloud, Epson iPrint, wi-fi direct, and Ethernet.
- Brand Epson, Model C11CE21201
- Packaged Quantity: 1 Pack, Product Type: Inkjet Printer, Recommended Use: Photo/Disc Print, Print Color Capability: Color, Maximum Print Resolution: 5760 x 1440 dpi,
- Wireless Print Technology: Epson iPrint, Wireless Print Technology: Apple AirPrint, Wireless Print Technology: Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless Print Technology: Google Cloud Print, Duplex Printing: Automatic, Color Cartridge Type: Individual Color Cartridge,
- Number of Colors: 9, Mobile Device Printing: Yes, USB: Yes, USB Standard: USB 2.0, Ethernet: Yes, Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet, Wireless LAN: Yes, Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11n, Screen Size: 3.5", Display Screen Type: LCD, Borderless Printing: Yes,
- Media Type: Plain Paper, Media Type: Photo Paper, Media Type: Canvas, Media Type: Cut Sheet, Media Type: Fine Art Paper, Media Type: Panoramic, Media Type: Roll Paper, Media Type: Glossy Photo Paper, Media Type: CD/DVD,
2- Canon Pixma IX6820
The Pixma iX6820 has an unbelievable color resolution of 9600 x 2400 DPI and 600 x 600 DPI (black). This resolution gives the best-detailed photo and document prints. Its printing speed is up to 14.5 IPM (black) and 1.4 IPM (color).
Canon Pixma is equipped with a high-performance five ink cartridges system. One of these cartridges consists of a pigment black ink to print some extraordinary texts. The (PPS) Pixma printing solution app provides you the facility to print directly from your mobile phone.
Canon Pixma has 6.3 inches in height, 23.0 inches in width, 12.0 inches in depth, and 17.9 lbs (8.1 kg) weight.
Using Image garden software, you can edit, organize, and add filters. It has a very easy and basic interface to use, and the built-in tools can be accessed by anyone who has basic computer skills.
Canon Pixma has no built-in display screen. But it has three buttons, which are power, cancel or resume, and wireless. Epson has designed an integrated LED system for the ink cartridges so that users can be aware of when to replace the ink.
It has a good cartridge system. The color cartridge makes this printer unique as the user has to replace only the color when it is finished. Moreover, it also allows the user to use third-party cartridges.
Connectivity options in this printer are Apple Airprint, wi-fi via the router, USB, and Ethernet. Unfortunately, it does not have wi-fi direct and Bluetooth options. Also, it has no scanner to scan the documents.
This printer prints in various sizes i-e Letter (8.5 x 11), Legal (8.5 x 14), Tabloid (1 x 17), A5 (148 mm x 210 mm), A4 (210 mm x 297 mm), Photo (4 x 6), and Photo (5 x 7).
- OS compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 , Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32 bit13; Mac compatibility: Mac OS X v10.6.8 v10.913
- Utilizes Air Print, Google Cloud Print and Pixma Printing Solutions (PPS)
- Fine print head technology (Full photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering)
- High performance 5 individual ink tank system. Auto sheet feeder 150 sheets
- 9600 x 2400 dots per inch maximum print resolution; Print resolution (up to): Black: 600 x 600 dots per inch, number of nozzles: Color: 4,096, black: 1,024, total: 5,120
3- Canon IP8720
Canon IP8720 comes with a superior resolution of 9600 x 2400 maximum color DPI that prints high quality and more details in your documents and photos. Canon IP8720 features full photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering (FINE). Also, with a protected print head firing ink droplets as small as 1pl.
Canon is equipped with six individual ink cartridges. These cartridges give a high-quality performance and also include gray ink. This printer provides phenomenal details in black, white, and colored pictures. Canon IP8720 has pigment-based black ink that prints exceptionally beautiful texts.
Canon IP8720 prints a beautiful borderless 4” x 6” photo in 36 seconds. It comes with Pixma Printing Solution (PPS). You get the facility to print documents and photos from your smartphone by using the Free PPS application.
It has the convenient feature of Auto Power On. With this feature, the printer automatically powers up when you send the request to print the photo or document. AirPrint option is also available. You can print effortlessly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
The best wireless connectivity options are available. You can print wirelessly from any wi-fi-enabled device. Cloud Google print allows you to print from Google docs, Gmail, etc. With this feature, you can print from anywhere.
Canon IP8720 provides fast printing with a speed of 14.5 images per minute (IPM) for black and 10.4 images per minute for other colors. My image garden is also available with which you can add special filters, organize calendar, automatic layout, and much more.
Now the user can also enjoy the ability to print through CDs and DVDs. The best feature of this printer is that it prints very quietly without disturbing the people sitting around you.
- Don't get stuck in an 8 inches x 10 inches world; Print your favorite photos up to 13 inches x 19 inches
- With a 6 color ink system including gray ink and 9600 x 2400 maximum color dots per inch, the results are incredible quality and amazing detail in your black & white and color photos. Noise level: Approx. 43.5 dB(A)
- Print wireless from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house; Ink droplet size: 1, 2 and 5
- Note: Kindly refer to the user manual provided as a PDF manual in the product description section
- Ink compatibility : PGI 250 Pigment Black XL, CLI 251 Cyan XL, CLI 251 Magenta XL, CLI 251 Yellow XL, CLI 251 Gray XL, CLI 251 Black XL , PGI 250 Pigment Black, CLI 251 Cyan, CLI 251 Magenta, CLI 251 Yellow, CLI 251 Gray, CLI 251 Black
4- Canon Pixma Pro 10
The Canon Pixma Pro 10 is award-winning and one of the best pigment ink printers available in the market. Canon Pro 10 is designed for normal use and also for professional photo printing. It can print images up to 13 x 19 inches.
Canon Pro 10 is designed with ten pigment-based ink with three different colors for black only. As a result, it prints amazing monochrome photos and also prints superior quality photos with a 4800 x 2400 DPI resolution.
It can print borderless full-size A4 photos in three minutes on average, which is slow, but it produces high-quality outputs. Also, it comes with full photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering (FINE) and a Chroma optimizer that adds uniform glossiness.
Canon comes with a wide color gamut and thick blacks for the gratification of professionals. The chroma diminishes the bronzing effect on monochrome pictures while FINE technology empowers the printer to print with microscopic droplets.
Canon conveys up to 4800 dpi resolution for high definition and grainless photographs. A3+ display quality shading and a high contrast print are currently simple to print.
The connectivity options are very versatile as you can connect through Wi-Fi. It is also compatible with AirPrint and provides printing without a computer. Print photos directly from your phone and tablet using Canon Easy photo print.
It is equipped with Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity, so you can locate the printer anywhere. Canon Pixma Pro 10 is perfect for home-based photographers and small studios.
Pixma Pro accompanies ten ink cartridges framework and produces proficient prints of sizes from 10 x 15 cm up to A3+ and even 35 cm (14″) wide. It is the best choice for photographers looking to create exhibition prints or sell gallery-quality photos.
- The PIXMA PRO-10 shares technology with the rest of the PIXMA PRO line utilizing the Optimum Image Generating System to ensure what you envision is exactly what you get
- The combination of Pigment based inks and Chroma Optimizer adds uniform glossiness, a wide color gamut and dense blacks for the satisfaction of the professional user
- The Optimum Image Generating System reproduces colors as you intend them by logically selecting the optimum ink combination and placement
- Compatible with Individual PGI-72 Ink Tanks (Matte Black, Photo Black, Gray, Cyan, Photo Cyan, Magenta, Photo Magenta, Yellow, Red, Chroma Optimizer). Save Even More On Value Packs. Only Replace The Inks That Run Out!
- Three dedicated monochrome inks for amazing black & white prints
5- Epson stylus photo R2000
Epson Stylus Photo R2000 consists of two paper feeds. The top cassette can hold A3+, A3, A4, or a paper that has no issues in fitting 20 A3 papers or 40 A4 sheets. Another feed is used for a single sheet of fine art paper. Epson Stylus Photo uses industry-leading pigment ink technology.
It has the UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 pigment ink for bright, colorful, and vibrant prints. Epson R2000 is 24.5 inches in width, 12.8 inches in depth, and 8.6 inches in height. Its weight is 27.5 pounds.
The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 highlights a momentous 8 shading color ink set that conveys the exceptional print quality you can share for a lifetime. Epson Stylus Photo uses High Gloss technology that really shines.
The High gleam Microcrystal Encapsulated inks incorporate moment dry properties and quick shading to guarantee authentic prints. Moreover, auto-choosing photographs and Matte dark inks convey the most profound blacks and boldest hues on matte and photographic media.
Epson Stylus Photo has the ink capacity for up to 50% more prints. It offers genuine expert productivity with an essentially bigger limit ink cartridge that can create more prints between cartridge changes.
This printer ensures less downtime and improved productivity. Each shading has its own individual cartridge, so you supplant just the one you need. Epson Stylus Photo accompanies progress connectivity features that empower you to pick the setup that suits your requirements.
Use the built-in 100 Mbit Ethernet for wired networking or the latest in WiFi certified 802.11n technology for the fastest wireless connectivity to date. If you prefer a direct connection, the Epson Stylus also offers high-speed USB 2.0.
With this sort of flexibility, you have the serenity that you can print from any place when required. It can print border-free photos from 4×6 up to 13×19 in popular photo and paper sizes, including 12×12.
- Industry-leading pigment ink technology - Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 pigment ink for colorful, vibrant prints
- Individual, larger ink cartridges - change cartridges less often and get up to 50% more prints2
- Professional media versatility - accommodates cut-sheet and roll paper in sizes up to 13" wide
- Unparalleled connectivity - Hi-Speed USB 2.0, wireless 802.11n and 100 Mbit Ethernet support
- Auto-selecting Black inks:Achieve optimal black density & superior contrast on glossy,matte/fine artpapers from either Matte/Photo Black ink
- Beautiful skin tones and a smooth, glossy finish
- Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 pigment ink for beautiful skin tones and a smooth, glossy finish
- Industry-leading pigment ink technology - Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 pigment ink for colorful, vibrantprints, beautiful skin tones
- Professional media versatility - accommodates cut-sheet and roll paper in sizes up to 13" wide, and a smooth, glossy finish
- Support sphotographic and fine art paper, canvas, 1.3 mm thick board and ink jet printable CD/DVDs
Pigment printers are great for printing high-quality stuff. It is a necessary tool for professional photography as well as numerous businesses. As they print posters, flyers, and leaflets, so you have a wide variation of printing options. These printers are not so cheap, that’s why we are providing you with some of the best pigment ink printers. We have added the high-end and budget printers both, so everyone can buy a printer according to their budget. We hope you will like these printers.