The best printers for cardstock is the need that brought you here, so be happy because you are going to have better choices on this platform.
Cardstock is a paper type mostly used for business purposes, playing cards, scrapbooking, covers, postcards, and other printing works requiring more durability than the normal paper. The surface of the Cardstock papers is usually smooth, textured, glossy, or metallic.
We know that every printer cannot print heavy paper like cardstock. The Cardstock paper needs more ink and toner as compared to normal paper printers but provides more quality photos. That is the reason the Cardstock printer must be powerful.
We have compiled the list of some quality Cardstock printers so that you can buy the best one.
Buyers guide for buying cardstock printers:
When you are going to buy the best cartridge printer, must keep the following points along with your needs in your mind.
1- Input tray capacity:
The printers vary in their ability to handle the number of papers to print in one go. If you have a heavy workload of printing in routine, then search for a printer that can support more papers in its input tray. It will ultimately save you time.
2- Ink cartridges:
The number of ink cartridges that a printer contains also matters a lot. If you need a cartridge printer every day for printing numerous photos, then make sure to buy large cartridge systems that offer more colors.
3- Print quality:
The most essential feature to look at in a printer is its print quality. The print quality makes your printed material look good or bad, so when buying a printer, make sure that it can produce high-quality prints. The dot per inch (DPI) is a measure of expressing the print quality of a printer. The more the DPI, the better the printing quality would be.
The latest printers are offering more innovative features, including faster connectivity options. Most printers provide USB connections for attaching different devices with them. The new printers are having wireless connectivity that makes printing an effortless task. They come with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth that provide faster connectivity and saves time.
Top 7 Best Printers for Cardstock
1- Epson Artisan 1430
Artisan 1430 is a wide and large format printer. Also, the fact that it is moderately compact, Epson 1430 measures 24.3 x 12.7 x 8.5 inches, and its weight is 26 pounds. The capacity of its paper feed is a hundred sheets of plain paper, and it can hold thirty sheets of fine arts media.
Epson Artisan 1430 shows brilliant performance. It takes printing to a high level of excellence. Epson Artisan can produce ultra-high-quality photos up to 13 x 19 inches, even the borderless prints too.
Artisan 1430 has the advanced lightning and correction for awesome photos. It has no LCD screen. This printer has some physical buttons through which the user can perform various actions.
Epson Artisan 1430 has decent connectivity for home setups. Any device can be connected to it via WiFi or directly connect a computer or Mac through USB with it. Offering a PictBridge USB port, which is used to connect to PictBridge-enabled cameras conveniently.
Unfortunately, there is no Ethernet and no SD card slot. But you can connect your phone directly to Epson Artisan 1430 with Epson Connect App. With Claria 6 ink color technology, it prints the ultimate photos that last 4 times longer than normal photo lab prints. You have to replace only the color which runs out.
Epson Artisan 1430 comes with DX5 MicroPiezo printhead technology, resolution of up to 5760 x 1440 dpi, and the droplets of ink are as small as 1.5 picoliters. This resolution gives us smooth gradations, grain-free photos, brilliant skin tones, and clear texts.
- Borderless, Hi-Def photos up to 13 inch x 19 inch
- Wireless printing with Wi-Fi
- 6-color Claria ink
- CD/DVD printing; Refer user manual under technical specification
- Print and share from your smartphone, iPhone, tablet and other mobile devices — no computer necessary
2- Canon Pixma IX6820
The Pixma IX6820 has an amazing resolution of 9600 x 2400 DPI while 600 x 600 DPI (Black). This high-quality resolution produces crisp and detailed documents and photo prints. It exhibits a good printing speed: 14.5 IPM (black) and 1.4 IPM (color).
Canon Pixma is a high-performance printer consisting of Five-color ink cartridges, including pigment ink for printing excellent texts. The Pixma printing solution (PPS) app provides you the facility to print directly from your smartphone.
Canon Pixma has 6.3 inches height, 23.0 inches width, 12.0 inches depth, and 17.9 lbs ( 8.1 kg) weight. Canon Pixma comes with My Image Garden software. By using this software, you can edit, organize, and add filters to your photos. It can print borderless 4 x 6 inches photos in almost 36 seconds.
The screen is not available on Canon Pixma IX6820. It has three physical buttons, power, cancel or resume, and wireless. The 5 individual ink tanks provide not only the fabulous prints but also the facility to replace only the ink that is finished. The user has the option to use third-party ink cartridges.
It offers Apple AirPrint that prints wirelessly without the need of a driver via your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. The built-in WiFi, Ethernet, hi-speed USB, and Google Cloud Print makes this printer the best choice for everyone.
This printer prints in different sizes i-e Letter (8.5 x 11), Legal (8.5 x 14), Tabloid (11 x 17), A5 (148 mm x 210 mm), A4 (210 mm x 297 mm), Photo (4 x 6), and Photo (5 x 7).
- OS compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 , Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32 bit13; Mac compatibility: Mac OS X v10.6.8 v10.913
- Utilizes Air Print, Google Cloud Print and Pixma Printing Solutions (PPS)
- Fine print head technology (Full photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering)
- High performance 5 individual ink tank system. Auto sheet feeder 150 sheets
- 9600 x 2400 dots per inch maximum print resolution; Print resolution (up to): Black: 600 x 600 dots per inch, number of nozzles: Color: 4,096, black: 1,024, total: 5,120
3- Epson Workforce WF 7720
Epson Workforce WF 7720 can support a paper of 192 gm/m2, which makes it a good satisfying cardstock printer. Workforce WF 7720 can scan the paper up to 11.7 x 17 inches. Workforce WF 7720 produces 18 ppm (Black) and 10 ppm (color).
PrecisionCore powers workforce WF7720. The all in one printer quickly prints the borderless pictures up to 13 x 19 inches. The workforce is a versatile inkjet printer that can hold 500 sheets. It contains the dual tray and a rear feed for specialty papers.
The auto 2 sided print, copy, and scan feature and also an automatic document feeder of 35 pages make Workforce WF 7720 unique. Epson Workforce WF 7720 comes with a 4.3 inches touchscreen that can be used for adjusting the settings and much more.
One of the best features is, it has a document scanner. Wireless connectivity of Workforce WF 7720 makes it very simple and easy to print directly from your smartphones and tablets. Workforce WF 7720 has WiFi Direct, Ethernet, and NFC.
The economical cartridges use 80% less power as compared to color laser printers. The Workforce 7720 does not support any third-party ink cartridges.
Automatic duplexing is also supported by Epson Workforce WF 7720. It features the standard graphic printing, however, this printer uses 4 colors on-demand system with ultra pigment inks (Dura Brite).
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience. Non Epson inks and inks not formulated for your specific printer may cause damage that is not covered by the Epson warranty.
- Get performance beyond laser — the workforce WF-7720, powered by Precision Core
- Print-shop quality — borderless prints upto 13" X 19". Operating Systems - Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 8/8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (SP2) – Windows Server 20167, Mac OS X 10.6.8 – macOS 10.12.x8
- Economical — uses upto 80 percent less power vs. Color laser printers (4)
- High-volume printing — 500-sheet capacity, dual trays, Plus a rear feed for specialty paper; 125-sheet output tray
- Note: This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third-party cartridges or ink. See product description for more details
- Auto 2-sided Print, copy, scan and fax — Plus 35-page auto document feeder
- Easy navigation and control — Intuitive 4. 3" color touchscreen
- Ultimate wireless printing and networking — Print from iPad, iPhone, Android tablets and smartphones); Includes Wi-Fi Direct), Ethernet and NFC)
- Large scans — easily scan upto 11" X 17" With 2-sided auto document feeder
4- Envy 114 E
The HP Envy 14 E can print high-resolution prints, card stock, transparencies, envelopes, paper, and labels. HP Envy 14 is the best quality printer for printing cardstock. Regarding network connection, HP Envy generally has good capabilities.
HP Envy 114 E is especially an efficient energy printer. Efficient energy is an important factor for saving power expenses, so it increases the printer’s performance and lifetime.
It has 16.8 inches width, 13.3 inches depth, 4 inches height, and 16.09 lbs weight. HP Envy has a 3.5 inches touch screen that allows convenient settings. It has an HP thermal inkjet technology, and it comes with 1 x cartridge (black), 1 x cartridge (Yellow, Cyan, Magenta) (HP 300).
HP Envy E 114 D411C prints up to 1200 x 600 DPI (mono) and up to 4800 x 1200 DPI (color) resolution. This printer’s printing speed is up to 7 ppm (mono) and up to 4 ppm (color).
This printer supports various media sizes including 3 x 5 inches, 3.9 x 11.8 inches, 3.95 x 5.9 inches, 5.12 x 7.1 inches, 8.5 x 11.7 inches, A4 (8.25 x 11.7 inches, A5 (5.82 x 8.25 inches), A6 (4.13 x 5.83 inches), B5 (6.93 x 9.83 inches), and C6 (4.5 x 6.38 inches).
Connectivity options are WiFi, Apple AirPrint, SD card slot, and HP ePrint. Now print easily through wireless printing from any room without cables.
- Stylish innovation with a premium print experience
- Complete versatility and photo printing in one
- On-the-go printing and Web-connected convenience
- Outstanding paper savings, easy energy savings
5- Canon Pixma MG3620
Canon Pixma MG3620 is an inexpensive and very easy-to-use printer. You can print directly from your phone and home computer. MG3620 is a handy inkjet printer. It offers an amazing cost per print, and the quality of the print is surprisingly good.
Printing black or colored texts, you have to wait a bit as the printer prints fairly slow for both. However, Canon Pixma MG3620 is a really good option for students and families.
If you want to purchase a low budget printer, then Canon MG3620 is a better option. It offers great prints in both colored and black ink. You can easily print papers and assignments at the last minute. You can also copy the documents or notes with their scanner.
Pixma MG3620 has a 6.1 inches (15.4 cm) height, 17.7 inches (45.0 cm) width, 12.1 inches (30.7 cm) depth and 11.7 lbs (5.3 kg) of weight. It is a multipurpose compact printer that takes a small amount of space so you can use it in small offices as well.
Canon Pixma MG3620 has no display screen. It has an average cartridge system of only one color and a black cartridge. Canon MG3620 has a flatbed scanner to scan the documents.
Canon MG3620 has a printing speed of 9 PPM (Black text document) and 3 PPM (color document). The input tray can hold 100 pages. An automatic duplex printing feature is also available in MG3620.
The printing size includes Letter (8.5 x 11 inches), Legal (8.5 x 14 inches), A4 (210mm x 297mm), A5 (148mm x 210mm), Photo (4 x 6 inches), and Photo (5 x 7 inches).
Canon Pixma MG3620 has built-in WiFi, USB input to the computer, AppleAirprint, and Mopria print service. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have Bluetooth and Ethernet.
- Mobile device printing: Easily print from your iPhone, iPad, Android or tablet
- Quick and easy wireless setup
- Powerful printing options: Airprint, Google Cloud Print, NFC, Mopria and Canon Print
- Compact and space-saving design
- Print on both sides of the page with auto 2-sided print
- Form factor: Print, copy, scan
- Max print speed color: 16
- Max print speed black white: 9.9
- Connectivity technology: Wi-Fi
6- Epson Stylus Photo 1400
The Epson Stylus Photo 1400 prints high quality, brilliant, and Ultra HD photos up to 13 x 19 inches. Epson 1400 features CD / DVD printing also, so you can make CDs / DVDs for your digital portfolio. Epson Stylus Photo 1400 gives you advanced color and lighting correction that ensures remarkable printing. This printer also added Adobe Photoshop Elements for convenience.
Epson 1400 is a very powerful printer capable of printing some heavy papers like cardstock. It measures 24.2 inches in width, 31.6 inches in depth, 16.3 inches in height, and has 25.4 lbs weight.
It produces scratch, smudge, water, and fade-resistant images. With Claria Hi-Definition ink, the prints last longer than photo lab prints. Epson 1400 produces bright color images and crisp, clear texts.
As a result, the user gets extraordinary smooth gradations, accurate skin tones, and grainless sharp photos. The speed of this printer is phenomenal because it prints brilliant 13 x 19 borderless images in just 3 minutes.
What a brilliant printer it is! It produces such prints that last up to 98 years when displayed under the glass and 200 years in an album. Proves itself to be far better than its competitors whose printed photos last for 65 years when saved under a glass frame.
Epson Stylus Photo 1400 has six individual cartridge ink systems that give control to the user over the usage of ink. Also, with Claria ink, these cartridges print amazing photos and documents that you never thought of. You need only one set of cartridges to get superb prints on photo paper and plain paper both.
- Creates 4 x 6 inch photo prints with maximum resolution of 5760 by 1440 optimized dpi in less than 1 minute
- Prints 8x10 inch images in under two minutes
- Six individual, high-capacity Claria Hi-Definition ink cartridges create high-quality smudge, water, scratch, and fade resistant prints
- Features a PictBridge port for PC-free photo printing from digital cameras and mobile camera phones
- It has 1-year limited manufacturer warranty
In this article, we have presented some of the best cardstock printers above. In our opinion, Epson Artisan 1430 is one of the best cardstock printers on this list. It is a compact and perfect printer for cardstock that’s why grabbing the first place in our list. However, all the mentioned printers are fit for printing cardstock paper.
Depending upon your budget and printing needs, you can choose any of the above-listed printers. All are enlisted after hours of searching and hard work. Hope you will find the best cardstock printer according to your need.