Do you want to print something special? You will be worried about the format of the design. Will print be according to your need? The great news is that you can buy a printer that will fulfill your jobs at home. It will not just print A4 papers but also some other prints that you are looking for. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best printers for crafting. Purchasing a printer is not an easy task. It will help if you buy a printer that suits your business or work.
Here, we are discussing some of the best crafting printers. We’ll provide you all the information you should have before buying a printer for crafting purposes. So, keeping in mind the various essential factors we have enlisted these printers for you. These printers are well-equipped with the latest features that will make your printing task easier and faster.
Buyer’s guide for the best printers for crafting:
1- Printer type:
The first thing you should keep in mind is the type of printer i-e inkjet or laser. The inkjet printers are lightweight, initially inexpensive, and are high-resolution printers. But their cost is increased due to expensive ink cartridges.
Laser printers have faster printing speed. They save your money if you print at large volumes. But unfortunately, the printer itself is expensive.
2- Paper size:
It is important to check the paper printing size. Some printers do not print borderless photos. You should buy a printer according to your need.
3- Printing speed:
For a laser printer, speed is not an issue at all because laser printers print fastly. But if you are buying an inkjet printer, then you have to look at the printing speed. You can print quality photos, but it is annoying when the speed of printing is slow, and there are many documents or photos to be printed.
All printers are not good at connecting speedily. If you want to use the printer wirelessly, connect your PC via USB or Ethernet, you should buy the best connectivity printer. Wireless connectivity printers are useful in different aspects. One of them is, you will not hear printing noise.
The DPI (dot per inch) is the measuring quality of the printers. Higher DPI resolution printers produce better quality output. But for crafting purposes, you must have more than 600 DPI printer.
Here, we are discussing some of the best printers for crafting.
1- HP Envy 5055
HP Envy 5055 is all in one inkjet technology color printer. It has a flatbed scanner that fulfills the requirements of most students and families. HP Envy comes with two cartridges system. It prints the photos fast as compared to other printers. The printed photos are decent, and the color accuracy is also amazing.
HP Envy can hold 100 sheets with its single input tray, which cannot be removed. The power cord of this printer is removable, which easily removes within no time. It is also very easy to remove jammed papers inside the printer by just lifting the scanner bed.
The height of the printer is 4.9 inches (12.4 cm), width is 17.5 inches (44.5 cm), depth is 14.4 inches (36.5 cm), and weight is 12.1 lbs (5.5 kg). It is a compact printer that is well designed for small spaces.
HP Envy comes with 2.2 inches decent display. It is a 2.2 monochrome touchscreen display, and its visibility is too good. Hp also includes touch-sensitive buttons for navigation purposes. There are guidance videos on the screen on how to load papers and remove the ink cartridges. The HP Envy also works on third party ink cartridges.
HP Envy 5055’s ink cartridges are cheaper and need to be changed often. It has a tri-color cartridge, so if the single color is finished, you have to replace the entire ink cartridge.
A decent option of connectivity is placed in HP Envy 5055. It includes USB input to the computer, WiFi, Apple Airprint, and Mopria Print service. Ethernet port is not available, and as a result, you cannot print from an external device.
Printing sizes are Letter (8.5 x 11 inches), Legal (8.5 x 14 inches), A6 (105 mm x 148 mm), A5 (148 mm x 210mm), A4(210mm x 297mm), photo(4 x 6), photo(5 x 7).
- Replaces the HP ENVY 4520, HP ENVY 5055 comes with Bluetooth, Smart, improved Wi-Fi connectivity, faster print speeds and more
- Step up and create projects at home – Print, scan, and copy borderless, high-quality photos and documents with crisp, sharp text using this versatile all-in-1 printer
- Ink delivered to your home: Get your first 2 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at 0.99 dollar per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
- Our most powerful printing app ever: the HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your wireless printer, scan documents with your camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Stay connected, no matter what: Whether connecting to your network or your mobile device, reliable Dual Band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, Smart deliver a stable connection for steady performance
- Spend less on ink and never run out – With optional HP Instant Ink, you get ink automatically ordered from your wireless printer and delivered to your door for as low as 0.99 dollar per month (subscription required)
- Wide range of paper size support – This all-in-1 printer works with letter, legal, 4 x 6 inches, 5 x 7 inches, 8 x 10 inches, and No 10 envelopes
- 1-year limited hardware warranty – 24-hour, 7 days a week free HP Web support
2- Canon Pixma IX 6820
Pixma IX6820 has the five ink cartridges system, which performs very well. Among these cartridges, the pigment ink is also available that produces some amazing texts. For printing directly from your smartphone, you can use (PPS) Pixma printing solution app.
The Canon Pixma IX6820 comes with an amazing color resolution of 9600 x 2400 DPI (Color) and 600 x 600 DPI (Black). This higher DPI prints the photos in good detail and quality. The speed of this printer is 14.5 IPM (Black) and 1.4 IPM (Color).
Canon Pixma IX6820 has three buttons i-e power, cancel or resume, and wireless. It has no display screen. The ink cartridges are designed with an integrated LED system. If the ink cartridge runs out, the user will be aware.
Canon Pixma measures 6.3 inches in height, 23.0 inches in width, 12.0 inches in depth, and 17.9 lbs (8.1 kg) in weight.
This printer has a good cartridge system. The user can use third party ink cartridges. This printer’s color cartridge is terrific, as you have only to replace the color when it runs out.
This printer prints in various sizes i-e Letter (8.5 x 11), Legal (8.5 x 14), Tabloid (1 x 17), A5 (148 mm x 210 mm), A4 (210 mm x 297 mm), Photo (4 x 6), and Photo (5 x 7).
One of the best and special features of this printer is “ My Image Garden” software, which allows you to organize your pictures. This printer is among the best crafting printers.
Good connectivity options are available in this printer. WiFi, USB, and Ethernet are placed in this printer. But Unfortunately, there is no Bluetooth option and no built-in scanner for scanning purposes.
- OS compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 , Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32 bit13; Mac compatibility: Mac OS X v10.6.8 v10.913
- Utilizes Air Print, Google Cloud Print and Pixma Printing Solutions (PPS)
- Fine print head technology (Full photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering)
- High performance 5 individual ink tank system. Auto sheet feeder 150 sheets
- 9600 x 2400 dots per inch maximum print resolution; Print resolution (up to): Black: 600 x 600 dots per inch, number of nozzles: Color: 4,096, black: 1,024, total: 5,120
3- Canon Pixma TR4520
Canon Pixma TR4520 is the best-suited printer for family use. The Pixma TR4520 is a compact and fairly small printer that has a single color ink cartridge. The color accuracy of the printed photos is great. The printing of black documents is extremely slow. It also includes an auto document feeder, but the 2 sided printing needs to be manually done by the user. Pixma TR4520 also has an integrated fax.
Canon Pixma has a 7.4 inches (18.7 cm) height, 17.1 inches (43.5 cm) width, 11.6 inches (29.5 cm) depth, and 14.5 lbs (6.6 kg) weight. It takes a small place on the desk, which is great for small offices.
The printer comes with a 2.4 inches display screen. The viewing angles are not so great.
It comes with a single color cartridge, which is one black and one mix colored ink cartridge. It has a good scanning feature. Offers a flatbed scanner and a sheetfed scanner, which is excellent for scanning many pages at a time.
The black text document’s printing speed is 4 PPM, color document 2 PPM, and photo printing time is 78.8 seconds. The input tray has the capacity to hold 100 pages.
Printing sizes are Letter (8.5 x 11) inches, Legal (8.5 x 14) inches, A5 (148 mm x 210 mm), A4 (210 mm x 297 mm), photo (4 x 6) inches, and photo (5 x 7) inches.
Canon Pixma TR4520 comes with wireless connectivity and a Canon print App. Now you can use your phone to set up the printer and print directly through it. It also has the features of Apple AirPrint, Mopria Print service, Automatic on/off, ADF, Ethernet, and WiFi.
- With wireless connect and the Canon Print app, use your smartphone to quickly and easily set up your printer and print right from your smartphone or tablet
- With features like AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, auto power On/Off, a built in ADF, and Wi-Fi it's easy to see why Pixma printers are so simple to use
- Connectivity technology: USB. Printer technology: Inkjet
- Save 10 percentage on all ink reorders with Dash Replenishment; Upon activation your printer measures ink levels and places smart reorders when you are running low; No subscription fees; Cancel anytime
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Ask Alexa to print your shopping list, to-do list, crosswords, coloring pages, and more; To set up, say “Alexa, discover my printer;” Alexa can also detect when ink or toner is running low and orders more when you need it. Save 10 percentage on all ink or toner smart reorders; Restrictions may apply
4- Canon Pixma TS6220
Canon Pixma TS6220 is very easy to use the printer. The all-in-one photo inkjet printer is versatile, capable of doing many tasks. The printer comes with a five cartridges system, which includes dye colors and pigment black color cartridges.
TS6220 has dual paper feeding that helps when loading printing materials. Duplex printing helps the user in saving money and paper. It comes with a touchscreen for various walk-up controls. Also, there are 6 buttons for performing different jobs.
The resolution of this printer is 4800 x 1200 DPI. With this amazing resolution, it delivers good detailed pictures and printed documents. The printing speed of Canon Pixma TS6220 is 15 IPM for black and 10 IPM for color. Duplex printing feature for 2 side printing is also available for saving your paper.
The rear tray of Canon Pixma TS6220 can hold 100 sheets of paper, 20 sheets 4 x 6-inches papers, and 10 sheets of 5 x 7 inches of photo paper. The front cassette also holds 100 sheets of paper. Now you can print wirelessly from your smartphone and computer with its WiFi feature. You can also get the benefits of Apple Airprint and Mopria services.
The scanning feature is awesome. The flatbed scanner can scan with the maximum resolution of 1200 x 2400 DPI. The ADF scan size is a maximum of 8.5 x 11.7 inches. You can also scan wirelessly with the built-in WiFi.
Prints 7 x 10 inches borderless greeting and special occasion cards to make your special moments memorable. You can also print beautiful photos on a glossy square paper of canon in 5 x 5 inches size.
- Inspire your creativity with prints that will impress; From stunning photographs to detailed documents, put the 5 Color Individual Ink System to work and never compromise on speed or quality
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your smartphone, tablet and all your favorite devices with ease; With IFTTT (IF This Then That) support, use various web services/applications to automate printing
- The PIXMA TS6220 wireless printer is the All In One that fits perfectly anywhere in the home, is simple to use, and delivers outstanding quality results every time
- Connectivity Technology: USB, Bluetooth
- For numbers listed in product description see “specification sheet” in technical specification section below
- Save 10% on all ink reorders with Dash Replenishment; Upon activation your printer measures ink levels and places smart reorders when you are running low; No subscription fees; Cancel anytime
5- Canon Pixma MG3620
The printer offers some good quality prints in both black and colored ink, but it’s relatively slow at printing. If you cannot afford a high-cost printer, then Pixma MG3620 is a good option for you. Assignments and other important stuff are easy to print at the last minute. With a built-in scanner, you can copy documents very conveniently.
Canon Pixma MG3620 is a multipurpose compact printer. It takes a very small amount of space so you can use it in small offices easily. One thing that it lacks is the display screen. The cartridge system is about average, consisting of one black and one color cartridge. It comes with a flatbed scanner for scanning documents.
Canon Pixma MG3620 is a low-cost printer. The printer is very simple and easy to use. The printing quality is great. It allows you to print directly from your computer and smartphone. The cost per print is very impressive. It also supports 2 sided printing.
The printing speed of colored documents is 3 PPM, while the speed of black text documents is 9 PPM. Canon Pixma MG3620 also supports the auto duplex printing feature. The input tray of the printer can hold up to 100 pages.
It has 6.1 inches (1.4 cm) height, 17.7 inches (45 cm) width, 12.1 inches (30.7 cm) depth, and 11.7 lbs (5.3 kg) of weight.
Canon Pixma MG3620 has built-in WiFi, USB input, AppleAirprint, and Mopria print service. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have Bluetooth and Ethernet.
The printing size includes Legal (8.5 x 14 inches), Letter (8.5 x 11 inches), A5 (148mm x 210mm), A4 (210mm x 297mm), Photo (4 x 6 inches), and Photo (5 x 7 inches).
- Mobile device printing: Easily print from your iPhone, iPad, Android or tablet
- Quick and easy wireless setup
- Powerful printing options: Airprint, Google Cloud Print, NFC, Mopria and Canon Print
- Compact and space-saving design
- Print on both sides of the page with auto 2-sided print
- Form factor: Print, copy, scan
- Max print speed color: 16
- Max print speed black white: 9.9
- Connectivity technology: Wi-Fi
In the past, only inkjet printers were known as the best printers for crafting. But the new technology has changed the whole scenario now and laser printer technology is also perfect for crafting purposes. They are known for their fast printing speed.
Both inkjet and laser printers are available in the markets. It depends upon the user and its needs, whether he or she chooses an inkjet or laser printer. We have mentioned some of the best printers for crafting after lengthy research. The best printer for you is the one from whom you can take full advantage. Hope you have found this article helpful.