If you are looking for guidance on how to install 3rd party apps on LG smart TV, I would like to welcome you because you have come to the right place. Today, we will show you how to ADD 3rd party apps to your LG smart TV. If you read this post to the end, you will get all your questions answered.
Since the LG smart TV is not built on Android and only uses the webOS operating system, you can only access applications from the LG content store, not Android apps.
If you want to use third-party apps on your LG smart TV, you will need streaming devices such as Firestick, Google Chromecast, and LG SmartShare. You can only download applications that LG has licensed and that are available on the LG content store.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps On LG Smart TV using Firestick:
To find out how to install 3rd Party apps on your LG smart TV, follow the steps below:
- The first move is to purchase a Firestick from Amazon.
- Then you’ll need to attach a USB cable to the connector as well as the Firestick. One end of the USB cable is connected to the Adapter, and the other is to the Firestick.
- After that, add the Firestick to the LG TV’s HDMI port.
- Then with the use of a remote, switch on the TV and pick the HDMI source, and then turn on the Amazon Firestick. Your Firestick is now connected to your TV.
- All you have to do now is open your TV’s Internet browser and download the APK files for the apps you want to use. In this way, you can install third-party apps and have fun.
It is necessary to go to the developer option and allow ADB Debugging and Unknown Source before downloading the APK files in Amazon Firestick.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps On LG Using Google Chromecast:
- First and foremost, you must attach an adaptor to Google Chromecast using a USB cable.
- Insert the Chromecast into the HDMI port on your LG TV, and make sure your Android/iOS device or PC is connected to the same Internet connection as the TV.
- The Google Home app will be required on your device, so it is highly recommended that you install it.
- Select HDMI as your TV source using the source button on your TV remote. Now, open the Google Home app on your device, and it will begin searching for nearby Chromecast devices as soon as you do so.
- A code will be shown on both the TV and your device screen in the next stage, and if the code works on both devices, press “That’s my code” in the app.
- Now that the Google Chromecast installation is final, you can cast your favorite app to your TV. However, you’ll need Chromecast-compatible applications like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and others.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps Using LG SmartShare:
LG SmartShare is a built-in source that allows you to screencast from any device to your television. LG SmartShare, on the other hand, can only be used to screencast LG TV from Android or PC, since it does not support iOS users. Here’s how to use LG SmartShare on your LG smart TV to install 3rd-party apps:
- The most important thing is to link your Android device to the same Wi-Fi connection as your LG TV.
- Now you could find the LG SmartShare app on your LG TV. It can be found on the TV’s menu.
- To switch on the listening mode, press the Listening mode button as soon as you open the app on your TV. This button can be found in the upper right corner of the screen.
- To turn it on, go to your Android device’s settings and look for the Screen sharing or mirroring feature. This choice can be found in your device’s settings.
- When you activate screen mirroring, it will show a list of nearby wireless connections; select LG TV from the list.
- That’s entirely the point; you can now cast your favorite app to your LG TV.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps Using Out Of Region Option:
LG is a global organization, and you can download LG applications from all over the world. As a result, it’s understandable that different countries have different app access. The good news is that you can quickly navigate them as well, and we’ll show you how.
- Navigate to Settings > All Settings > General.
- Select a region.
- Select LG Serviced Country.
- Select the country you want.
- When the agreement window appears, click yes.
- Your TV will start turning on.
- More new applications should be available.
- To get more new apps, go to the LG Content Store.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps On webOS:
- To access your launcher, press the Home button on your remote.
- Select More Apps from the menu.
- Open the LG Content Store app.
- Select Premium.
- Choose Install after finding your app in the LG Content Store.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps On LG Smart TV Netcast:
- Select Premium Apps by pressing the Home button on your remote.
- Open the app you want to use, and sign in if it asks for it.
- If an update for your Premium Apps is available, your TV can immediately download and install it.
Today, in this post, we have provided you with all of the options available to us, so we hope you find this article on how to Install 3rd Party Apps on LG Smart TV to be very helpful. Your input is extremely important to us. You should give the approaches described above a try. I hope you enjoyed and learned something from this post.
While LG smart TV can enable you to install WebOS, Netcast applications, you can still use extensions like Firestick, Google Chromecast, and LG SmartShare to access third-party apps. You can download WebOS apps from the internet; when you click on the menu, it will show you the various LG smart TV apps that are available for download.