How To Screenshot On An HP Laptop? Hp laptops are considered amongst one of the best laptops in the entire world. These laptops have all the great specifications one would need. Amongst many of its specifications, one unique quality that makes it stand out from others is its different ways to capture a screenshot. A screenshot, also known as an ss, sc, screen capture, or screengrab is a digital image that shows the contents of your laptop or desktop’s display. When working, a screenshot comes in handy when you want to show your coworker’s webpage edits, or even when you’re far away from your family and Skype-calling them, you can screenshot a picture for your memories.
Capturing a screenshot on a mobile phone had always been an easier option but this time this option is even easier on HP laptops. Different options are given for you to select the most feasible option with further options in the type of screenshots you want; whether complete screenshot or any minor portion of it.
- What Is s.yimg.com? [Quick Guide]
- Xbox One Won’t Turn On, But Beeps [Fixed]
- How To Screenshot On Asus Laptop? [Quick Guide]
There are different ways to capture a screenshot on a hp laptop. The following ways are listed below.
1. The default way for fullscreen
The HP laptops run Windows or Chrome operating systems, which means you can capture screenshots by a simple click on the keyboard. Located at the top right of your keyboard, the print screen key, abbreviated as PRTScn or PRT SC. This button will let you capture the entire laptop screen. The captured image is however not saved immediately. It is copied to the laptop’s clipboard. The following steps will turn it into an image file that you can save.
- Press the Windows key and print screen at the same time to capture the entire screen. Before the screenshot, your laptop screen will dim a little bit to indicate to you.
- Open an image editing program such as Microsoft Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, and PaintShop Pro
- Open a new image and press CTRIL + V to paste the screenshot. Right-clicking and pressing the option paste will also work.
- Save the file as a JPG or PNG and place it into an easily accessible folder for quick sharing
2. The alternative default way for partial screen
At times you don’t want to take a screenshot of the entire screen but instead, you want a portion of your screen. Using Snip& Sketch makes selective screenshotting easier. This new default feature was introduced by Windows 10 laptops, allowing users to capture a portion of their screen. The following steps will guide you through the process.
- Press the Windows key + Shift +S at the same time. Your screen will fade to a white overlay and your cursor will change from a pointed cursor to a crosshair cursor.
- Select the portion of your screen you want to snap. The snippet will disappear from your screen and copy on the laptop’s clipboard.
- Open an image editing program.
- Open a new image and tap CTRL + V to paste the screenshot.
- Save the screenshot as a JPG or PNG file and place it into any folder you like.
3. Snipping Tool
No matter if your laptop operated on windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10, this snipping tool is an excellent feature that allows you to select any size portion of your screen for a screenshot instead of the entire screen. These steps will guide you to the process.
- Within the snipping tool application, press “New” or CTRL + N to create a new snip.
- Using the crosshair cursor, drag the cursor to shape a rectangular outline of the wanted area.
- Within the snipping tool toolbar, press the disk icon to save the screenshot as a PNG or JPEG file.
This snipping tool has a lot of benefits. You can snip in three other ways, in addition to the rectangular snip.
- Free-form snip allows you to capture in any shape or form. Circles, ovals, or figure 8’s are easily captured with free-form mode.
- The window snip takes a screenshot of your active window with one easy click.
- Full-screen snip captured an entire display.
The snipping tool also features a pen and highlighter option that allows you to draw as well.
Snagit is perfect for the avid annotator and photo editor. It offers an easy-to-use interface and several added features that make screenshotting easier than ever.
- After downloading, open the application.
- At the top of your screen, press the red circle button to get access to the screenshot camera.
- Select the camera icon for a screenshotted image or the recorder icon for a screenshotted video.
- Select the portion of the screen you would like to snap.
- Your desktop image will appear in the Snagit application. You can even edit, resize, annotate, copy, or save the image from there.
All the possible options on how to screenshot on an HP laptop are listed above with all the complete details and steps to follow. You can easily choose the most convenient method for yourself. All these methods are important in every way. Taking a screenshot using keyboard shortcuts is convenient but it doesn’t offer the editing options that the free screenshot capture has. When it comes to saving a whole web page, Webpage Screenshot capture is the topmost preferred option as it captured the entire page. Likewise, the other options give you the choice of selecting your preferred portion on the screen. This again is beneficial for those people who don’t want to share the complete screenshot but only a minor portion of it.